Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine

2 posters

Go down

New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine Empty New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine

Post  Malkarris Wed Jun 12, 2013 11:18 am

Putting this here for those like me who read the forums more.  The new fleet holding is confirmed to be a dilithium mine, and from the stats currently on Tribble, it looks to give discounts on fleet project costs, with increasing savings based on the tier.

Thread on the STO forums here: http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?t=747111

Just thinking, we may want to focus everything on the Dilithium Mine as soon as it comes out so that we can save on projects getting the starbase to tier 5.

EDIT: I'm serious about the may part of the above, some people are saying that in its current state, this discount won't pay off.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine Empty Re: New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine

Post  Hootanic Thu Jun 13, 2013 9:57 am

I agree - the fleet leadership will see if we can come up with a plan - like the Dilithium mine as the focus and only the fleet credit earning special projects for the Starbase until the Mine is producing it's benefits
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine Empty Re: New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine

Post  Malkarris Fri Jun 14, 2013 11:38 am

So last night a bunch of players, including me, took advantage of dev hacked project timers and a bunch of recopying characters, and finished the dilithium mine for the Cryptic Tribble fleet.

Things to tell you. 

Teh new engineering consoels are insane.  Here is a screenshot someone else made.  Boils down to you can have armor that also does some of the job of power transfer, or an RCS, or more HP, or you can have an RCS that also does the job of power transfer, or armor.  In other news, Neutronium and RCS consoles are now worthless except for leveling or if you are not in a fleet.  I haven't looked at the singularity and warp cores yet in detail, but here is a link to all of the console and cores on tribble.

The Rich dilithium mining daily at the mine is not hooked up yet, but the the daily DOFF mining you get at each teir were up.  There are two missions per tier, one gives EC (23,000 to about 33,000 from tier 1 to 3) and the other gives dilithium (250 to 500 tiers 1 to 3).  Both are 20 hour cooldown.  These missions don't stack, so you can't run the tier 1 and the tier 2 and the tier 3 versions once you get to tier 3.  There wil always only be one version of each mission.  Also, you can get Miner doffs that have good traits for these missions, and yes, one of the speciees you can have are Horta.  They even have quotes.  Right now, each only cost fleet credits.  And finally, until tier 3 mine, that is the only mining you can seem to do here.  Also, while the sub projects do take dilithium, upgrading the mine takes no dilithium, just lots of doffs, (civilian and engineering/operations are the specific types), and most hurting of all, dilithium mine provisions, which are exqactly like embassy provisions in that they cost fleet credits and don't give any back when you donate them. 

In other news, it looks like the Risa summer event is scheduled for the 27th, according to the Tribble calendar.  No news on the supposid Risa Corvette that is related to that.  Also no news on the Scimitar Dreadnaught, other than it seems to be a three pack, and has not been seen since one of its pets slipped out.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

New Fleet Holding news: Dilithium Mine Empty that gear is game breaking and epic

Post  Hootanic Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:26 pm

If ponies can't have them, we'll be left behind
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkarris Fri Jun 14, 2013 1:57 pm

I think you will be able to say that about every new thing Cryptic adds to this game.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkarris Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:48 am

All right more news straight fro Tribble.  First, they have improved the discounts have been increased to 4%, 9% and 15% at tiers 1, 2, and 3.  Also, they added in the actual mining missions.  There are three missions in total, one gets unlocked at tier 2 of the mine, one a tier 3, and a third one is a separate unlock project at tier 3.  The doff missions ont he other hand, get unlocked off the one of the sub tiers.  Of the actual mining missions, two of the reward 1000 dilithium if you max it out, just like the existing one.  You can also do these missions at the same time if you have both of them unlocked.  Unlike the existing one, you do not get particle traces or data samples if you go over 700 score.  The third mission is the only you unlock and it seems to reward you much less.  I got about 198 for a score of about 715, and its a single mining site.  So, maxing everything out and doing well at all of it, you could get about 2900 dilithium, also counting in the doff mission, every day for about 15 to 20 minutes of work.  Add another 15 minutes for the existing dilithium mine, and you get about 3900.  Up to you to decide if that is worth it.

Other things.  The single site mining mission, you have to jump down this hole in the ground, via a bunch of platforms, it rather pretty, and I wish it had more use that just a mining site.  Crystals everywhere.  Also, on the second floor of the mining base there is a pillar and every side of the pillar has a schematic of the Scimitar ship. 

Also, in case you didn't see, cryptic put out a thread that they will be testing a new ship, or new ships (they left it open) on Tribble, but didn't say when.  So FYI.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down