Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What was YOUR first Trek?

+9
TDR
Tia
BigMac
Radsjet
Berryshine
serov141
Caroo™
Malkarris
Pilot Solaris
13 posters

Go down

What was YOUR first Trek? Empty What was YOUR first Trek?

Post  Pilot Solaris Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:53 pm

So.... we're all Trekkies/Trekkers here, right? I ask because I'm curious about one simple thing: what was your first encounter with Star Trek? Was it one of the movies? Was it TOS (The Original Series), TNG (The Next Generation), DS9 (Deep Space Nine), Voyager, or Enterprise? Was your first encounter with Star Trek one of the earlier, non-STO games? Or is Star Trek Online the first time you've ever been in the Star Trek Universe? I want to know! You can also put up whatever other Star Trek show, movies, and games you've seen and played before, and who your favorite characters are.

I'll go first:
My first Star Trek Series was Star Trek: The Next Generation, or at least the reruns of it as I was born after it ended. What I remember most vividly are the Battle of Wolf 359 (and by extension, Locutus of Borg, who scared the living crap out of me), and "All Good Things....". I haven't seen any of TOS, DS9, or Enterprise (maybe it's a good thing that I haven't seen Enterprise), and it was Voyager that got me somewhat interested in Star Trek again before STO got me fully immersed. The movies I've seen, in order of seeing them, are Star Trek: First Contact (which was also my first encounter with the Borg and also contains my first memory of me being scared by the Borg), Star Trek V: The Final Frontier (yes, it was terrible, I know, but I only realized this in hindsight), Star Trek: Nemesis (technically, I only watched the final battle at the end, so I didn't realize how bad it was until I went online and searched it on Wikipedia and IMDB), and J.J. Abrams' Star Trek (Is it a good thing or a bad thing? You decide!), and STO is the first Star Trek game I've ever played (though I may go out and try to find a copy of Star Trek: Starfleet Command, because I hear that's really good). My favorite characters are Ambassador Spock, Captain Picard, Captain Kirk, Leonard "Bones" McCoy, Montgomery "Scotty" Scott, Worf Roshenko, Geordi LaForge (mostly because he was played by LeVar Burton, AKA the host of Reading Rainbow), Guinan (because she was played by Whoopi Goldberg), Q (but only now, back when I first encountered Q I thought he was just a one-shot villain), Captain Janeway, and the Voyager's EMH Mk I.
Pilot Solaris
Pilot Solaris
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/PilotSolaris

Back to top Go down

What was YOUR first Trek? Empty Re: What was YOUR first Trek?

Post  Malkarris Sat Feb 16, 2013 8:05 pm

My first trek was TNG, and I watched both that and TOS is reruns and new. DS9 was my first one that I started from the beginning, and Voyager followed. Enterprise, I'm sorry, but I liked it, I thought that it really told a good story of humanities first steps out into the wider galaxy. Sure, not all the episodes were like that, but I think most of it was good. Watched all the movies too, but I think Generations was the only one I saw in a theater (Side note, when Shatner's name came up, there were a few claps, when Stewart's name came up, the audience stood up and cheered). And yes, I like the reboot too, I mean its a alternate universe, its not supposed to be like the original.

Never played too many Star Trek games, tried but never finished Star Trek Academy, played tones of Starfleet Command (free play on that one was too much fun).

Favorite characters: Sisko (the man punched Q), Picard, Kirk (both versions, for different reasons), Naomi Wildman, Seven, Worf, Geordi LaForge (but I liked him better with the visor), Guinan, actually pretty much the entire TOS cast (both versions).

Favorite Villain: The Borg from TNG (by First Contact, they had done too much humanization to them to be scarey, and Voyager just killed it).

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroo™ Mon Feb 18, 2013 6:24 am

My first trek was one of dem random vids in youtube, But I havre really startedto like it when I happen to be watching the latest movie. then I started to really get into it in star trek online.
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  serov141 Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:27 pm

My first trek was TNG. I'm a big Picard fan
serov141
serov141
Dignitary of Manehatten
Dignitary of Manehatten

https://www.facebook.com/editprofile.php?sk=picture#!/profile.php

Back to top Go down

Post  Berryshine Wed Feb 20, 2013 12:20 am

TNG and TOS reruns. Both were on at roughly the same time for me.
Berryshine
Berryshine
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

What was YOUR first Trek? Empty First Contact

Post  Radsjet Thu Feb 21, 2013 9:20 am

My first Contact whit star trek was so long ago that i cant remember much of it, i was just looking on the TV one day and found it, i don't remember if i saw all or what it was named but i still remember one scene, mostly cause it scared the crap out of me considering i was very young Razz anyway i did not know it was called star trek until later and i did not care much for the movies before i played star trek online many years later.
Radsjet
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  BigMac Mon Feb 25, 2013 9:21 pm

Grew up watching TOS reruns with my dad. Always found Kirk to be the penultimate idol of a dude: a gentleman with the ladies and a fair boss to everyone else. Damning torpedoes and ramming speed was all he ever needed, so I ended up much the same way.

BigMac
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Tue Feb 26, 2013 2:59 am

First trek was probably Voyager though that was just the occasional episode I was able to find (Grew up without cable. Books FTW) the first series I watched almost every episode was Enterprise which started out boring but became awesome when the xindi showed up...Then got boring again after that...*sniff*
Tia
Tia
Member of the Celestial Brigade
Member of the Celestial Brigade

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  TDR Mon Mar 11, 2013 12:24 pm

First trek was TOS.

I was not old enough for the orginal run but growing up TBS had it on reruns right after the cartoons in the afternoon. I loved the show Kirk was and still is best captain.
TDR
TDR
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

What was YOUR first Trek? Empty Mine were the Movies

Post  Hootanic Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm

Probably Star Trek IV was my most vivid early life Star Trek memories, followed by the other later movies and then TNG. TOS was more like added stuff, but along with Adam West's Batman shares that same spot in my memories for old campy TV shows that played on TBS in the late 80's.

Honestly, the first series for Star Trek that I had watched from beginning to end was Deep Space Nine. With Netflix though, I've now seen every series, every episode again... and yes, Enterprise did get a bad rap - the reason it got good in Season 3 and boring again in Season 4 is because they had to wrap up the series, which didn't give the writers much to work with. Typical executive meddling, they kill it right when things start to turn around. At this time it's been a decade since the Star Trek franchise has had a show with new episodes running. Who knows if their ever will be another one, but I doubt it.

Last edited by Hootanic on Mon Mar 11, 2013 2:35 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Luna Thu Mar 14, 2013 9:13 am

I came across various Trek shows while growing up, few reruns of TOS, TNG, and glimpses of the kirk movies etc etc. I even got hold of some Micro Machines toys of star trek as a christmas gift and was always fascinated with the ships. Star Trek always piqued my curiousity but I just never had the chance to watch them. It was only during Voyager (lol on Hallmark channel. a Sci-fi series on a such a channel) during my teen years that I started watching it. As the broadband internet became more accessible to the general public, I started watching episodes from TNG and DS9 as well.
Nightmare Luna
Nightmare Luna
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

Back to top Go down

What was YOUR first Trek? Empty Make it so!

Post  Durallis Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:20 am

TNG re-runs on BBC2, early evenings after school, back in the day. It was really rather awesome <3 And then came Voyager on Sky, and eventually the odd episode of DS9!

Durallis
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Archaeopteryx Sat May 18, 2013 10:20 pm

I also got started with TOS reruns with my folks, and then also watched most of TNG with them as it aired. Undiscovered Country was my first film that I watched in the theatre.

We watched a fair bit of the beginning of DS9 and enjoyed it until Babylon 5 started up and stole my family's viewing attention completely.

Never much cared for either Voyager or Enterprise, and SfDebris's reviews only cemented that.

Archaeopteryx
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum