Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet

+12
Purvis
Tia
Anderson23
Pilot Solaris
Caroo™
Zeluthas
V'idaar
Belteshazzar
Shooting Star
Chozo Elder
Hootanic
Nightmare Luna
16 posters

Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet

Post  Nightmare Luna Thu Mar 21, 2013 8:57 pm

As you may all know, STO will be availing the Romulan Faction to players this coming May. We will, of course, be making a Romulan Fleet for ponies who wish to create Romulan characters. Currently there is no finalized fleet name yet so if anyone would like to suggest any, Pls drop as many as you wish here.

Guidelines to consider:
-Make it easily recognizable to bronies of varying degrees. The purpose of this is to make ourselves easily identified as a brony fleet. So that if any brony should come across one of us whether they be a hardcore or casual fan.

-Don't make it too obscure or mainly pertaining to something out of fan fiction or fan lore. Remember, not everyone knows fan made content or even anything outside the episodes themselves.

-Perhaps try to include the words "Pony" and/or "Equestria(n)" to the fleet name. It is not a strict requirement but it would make things easier.

Last edited by Nightmare Luna on Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:24 pm; edited 1 time in total
Nightmare Luna
Nightmare Luna
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

Back to top Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty Re: Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet

Post  Hootanic Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:11 pm

This is very exciting stuff and our members have a chance to make a mark in this chapter of our fleet history in a big way! I know we all look forward to seeing some great ideas!

Last edited by Hootanic on Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spell check)
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty Re: Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet

Post  Chozo Elder Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:38 pm

Equestrian Star Empire
Ponies of Mol'Rihan
Raptors of Equestria

That's all I got in terms of keeping it general.
Chozo Elder
Chozo Elder
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Fri Mar 22, 2013 1:20 am

Chozo Elder wrote:Equestrian Star Empire

My only suggestion was already taken Sad
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty Our idea

Post  Belteshazzar Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:31 am

Me and Bubbafun thought it would be fun to combine Romulan Language with pony-

The Tal Equestrar or something like that.

Belteshazzar
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  V'idaar Fri Mar 22, 2013 11:06 am

Well, considering how STO itself promoted the new content, Id propose "The Shadow Ponies"
V'idaar
V'idaar
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty Some in-game given suggestions

Post  Hootanic Fri Mar 22, 2013 6:32 pm

Since some of us chose to reply to the Fleet Mail instead of use the forums, but want to be included, I will post their comments here:
---------------------------------------------
From @whttgr
Awww it is on the forums but I like doing work for the fleet through the game Sad well here is my Idea if you take it here than fine if not that is fine to without further adue:

The New Luna Republic.
or
Equetrian Knights
or
Luna's Chosen.

That is just a few.
----------------------------------------
From Rattman@athgaar:
"Crystal Guardians of Equestria"
----------------------------------------

i may not be welcomed by the mates but i can still offer an idea, how about something about changelings. like "Revived Changeling kingdom"
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Zeluthas Fri Mar 22, 2013 10:04 pm

Since I would associate the Reman shield optics more with Queen Crysalis' Carapace and her changeling cavalry than with crystal ponies which I find more fitting for the Tholians (even if they never get a faction of their own) I would more likely support something relating Crysalis than the Crystal Empire. But anything with "changeling" in the name would most likely remind people more of the Founders of Star Trek (since this is Star Trek Online, not Equestria Online), so I doubt names involving the changelings would work (without reminding other players, who know their Trek, of the Dominion).

I guess "Equestrian Star Empire" works best because it is similar to the Romulan Star Empire which it represents. But the Romulans are a republic now, aren't they? Maybe "Equestrian Star Republic", although that sounds less impressive. Wordplays with other aspects of Romulan culture like the Tal Shiar might work too. "Pon Shiar" perhaps? Naw. Maybe "Tal Shire"? I don't know. I guess I root mostly for "Equestrian Star Empire" because it's straight to the point and simple. But I don't want to interrupt other fleet members posting their ideas. Maybe somepony else has a great idea that might work as well. I'm curious about other suggestions, and the final fleet name in the end.

Zeluthas
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroo™ Sat Mar 23, 2013 6:27 am

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  PwbIdEu

Well, since Twilight is now a princess, Maybe we can keep it themed with a princess and Guardian related.
So "Guardians of the Twilight's Sparkle" might do. Or you can save that for later if a purple dominion faction comes.

Or maybe "Council of the Pegasus Enclave" or "Griffon empire" Since rommie ships are avian themed.
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Pilot Solaris Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:31 am

I have a few names for the Rommie Fleet:
A) The Crystal Pony Star Empire
B) The Order of Princess Cadence
C) The Derpy Republic
Pilot Solaris
Pilot Solaris
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/PilotSolaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Anderson23 Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:11 pm

Chozo Elder wrote:Equestrian Star Empire
This^

Anderson23
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Sat Mar 23, 2013 10:26 pm

The Changeling Star Empire
Sentinels of Equestria
Then New Changeling Star Empire
New Equestria
Royal Equestria Members of Androgynous Noobs (R.E.M.A.N)
The Changeling Liberation Front
My Little Star Empire
The Guardians of Chrysalis
Tia
Tia
Member of the Celestial Brigade

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty POssible Title

Post  Purvis Mon Mar 25, 2013 7:27 pm

I'm somewhat partial to being a member of the "New Canterlot Republic". It's recognizable by bronies, the Republic fits with the Romulan Republic, and we get to use Roman titles!

Also, we can refer to ourselves as the NCR. geek
Purvis
Purvis
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  katCrusader Mon Mar 25, 2013 11:19 pm

Obviously we should name it "The Crystal Empire" c:

katCrusader
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrex Tue Mar 26, 2013 10:50 am

Maybe... Lunas secret Empire? Wink

Wrex
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:39 pm

The Hoofacotta Army
The Discorded Star Empire
The Great and Powerful Star Empire
Tia
Tia

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Shadow_mane2001 Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:41 pm

I Would agree with The Crystal Empire. One I have a alt holding onto that Fleet name for the Pony Romulan Fleet. The Reason I suggest The Crystal Empire is that like the Romulans the Crystal Empire was ruled over by an Evil power. King Sombra, yet Sombra was defeated in Star Trek Empress Sela was abducted or fled. The Parallels are there with the New Romulan fleet.

The Romulans and the Vulcans Split off at some point, which is what happened with The Crystal Empire, and the rest of the Pony culture. I know the Crystal ponies did not become evil, but still the new Romulan faction is not evil either.

I have seen a number of good names. I just think that The Crystal Empire would be the better choice.

Shadow_mane2001
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Wrex Thu Mar 28, 2013 9:32 am

Shadow_mane2001 wrote:I Would agree with The Crystal Empire. One I have a alt holding onto that Fleet name for the Pony Romulan Fleet. The Reason I suggest The Crystal Empire is that like the Romulans the Crystal Empire was ruled over by an Evil power. King Sombra, yet Sombra was defeated in Star Trek Empress Sela was abducted or fled. The Parallels are there with the New Romulan fleet.

The Romulans and the Vulcans Split off at some point, which is what happened with The Crystal Empire, and the rest of the Pony culture. I know the Crystal ponies did not become evil, but still the new Romulan faction is not evil either.

I have seen a number of good names. I just think that The Crystal Empire would be the better choice.

I agree thats realy an good choice.

Wrex
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Luna Thu Mar 28, 2013 12:28 pm

Perhaps 'The Crystal Pony Empire' then to make it sound more mlp related?
Nightmare Luna
Nightmare Luna
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Hootanic Thu Mar 28, 2013 7:52 pm

How about "Crystal Ponies of Equestria", "New Equestrian Republic" or "Equestrian Crystal Empire" - either way, I think that it may be time to start narrowing down a few faves and make a Poll. This way we can start planning the next phase to send our Romulan Pony Pioneers to the new frontier with a plan of action and hit the ground with their hooves running.
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Nightmare Luna Thu Mar 28, 2013 10:41 pm

"The Equestrian Empire" or simply "Equestrian Empire"

short and straight to teh point ^^
Nightmare Luna
Nightmare Luna
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

Back to top Go down

Suggestion names for upcoming Romulan Fleet  Empty Bad News Everypony

Post  Hootanic Fri Mar 29, 2013 5:22 pm

http://sto.perfectworld.com/news/?p=852601

Q: (midniteshadow7) Will the Romulan Faction have their own Fleet System, Starbase, and Holdings? Will there be any new Fleet Holdings?

Dstahl: This is an important question that needs a detailed answer.

The Romulan Republic was created from the ground up as a complete new faction. They have their own backstory, their own exclusive missions and episode series, exclusive costumes, faction-exclusive social hub, unique playable species, a full ship progression line from level 1 to 50, unique HUD UI, and more. What they don’t have are their own Starbases. There are many reasons why we’ve made this decision and here’s one of them.

During one of the episodes in the Romulan Republic storyline, the Federation and Klingon Defense Force will challenge Romulan captains to choose sides in the Federation-Klingon War. This permanent and personal choice forges a very important alliance. Once this decision is made, individual Romulan captains will gain many benefits through their alliance, all the while remaining their own independent faction. Romulans still continue their own independent mission journal and storyline after this choice, remaining neutral within the Romulan faction, but the choice has an impact on their progression towards end-game.

In many ways, Romulans will have the best of two "worlds" – theirs and their ally’s. Not only do they have their own exclusive stories, ships, and costumes, but they gain many benefits of their ally. This includes access to a variety of their allies’ ships, rewards, and hubs. While Romulans can’t wear the actual uniform of their ally, they do gain unique costume options, such as a Romulan Republic/Klingon Uniform variant, for example. So when a Romulan creates a Fleet, they are creating a Fleet that is open to Romulans of a chosen allegiance as well as members of that allegiance. Vice-a-versa, they’re also free to join existing fleets of their chosen ally.

Our goal is to encourage existing Fleets, many of whom have spent countless hours on their Starbases, to stay in business and welcome in New Romulans instead of splintering to go "do it all over again". We want captains to group with Fleet mates who decide to start a Romulan and entice them to ally at end game. This not only works thematically, but it also keeps the conflict focused on the Klingon/Federation War.

Now that many established Fleets are finishing their Tier 5 Starbases, we expect to see established guilds enticing all the New Romulans to join their cause in exchange for access to the best ships and gear the ally can offer. In the future, we will consider unique Romulan Starbases. For now, the New Romulans are just getting their feet on the ground and must look to the planet New Romulus as their new home and rely on the Starbases of their ally for support.

Also, a new Fleet Holding is in development, but will be launching after the release of Legacy of Romulus.
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkarris Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:28 pm

Just read that too, so I'm guessing that there isn't much need for a third fleet? Kinda a pity that.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Hootanic Fri Mar 29, 2013 8:15 pm

There has been some discussion that having a 3rd fleet would be a draw away from our KDF and fed fleets as it is and that maybe this is for the best..... but a pony can dream.... a pony can dream of what might have been. Crying or Very sad
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down