Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Voice Chat

3 posters

Go down

Voice Chat Empty Voice Chat

Post  Scootaloo Sat Apr 14, 2012 3:49 pm

I've noticed that at least a few members (Big Mac, Vinyl, etc.) have mentioned having a headset, but there appears to be a general irritation with the ingame voicechat. Some of my friends utilise Skype to chat online, but there's also Ventrilo, which allows for different chat channels and whatnot. Is there an interest in setting up a voice chat channel, or should we wait until we have more members? I know it'll probably be a tad disorienting at first when everypony is like "Who's talking? WHAT??!??! SCOOTALOO IS A DUDE!?!?", but it may help with STF and fleet actions so we don't need to keep flipping back and forth b/t chat and game.

Just a thought... I'm kind of curious what everypony thinks about this. If we went with Vent, we could probably set up a few channels for general chat, off topic, EquestriaAfterDark or whatever the name of the 'mature' channel is. Skype would be less... helpful? But would be easier to utilise. Ideally, I think we'd need someone familiar with the software if we were to use Vent. Which wouldn't be me. I just know about it from friends who use it to play WoW and my mad google skillz.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Voice Chat Empty Re: Voice Chat

Post  Niarro Sun Apr 15, 2012 12:06 am

when it comes to gaming VOIP, I really dislike Skype since it doesn't have a push-to-talk feature. So Ventrilo, or Teamspeak's always handy. TS, since it's free XD I know there are a couple other VOIP programs out there, but I haven't really seen them.

TL;DR: Ventrilo FTW

Niarro
Dignitary of Manehatten
Dignitary of Manehatten

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sun Apr 15, 2012 2:23 pm

I have Skype for general nonsense and i use a friends Mumble server if i'm recording videos cos it's higher quality Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down