Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

STF Ground Guides

+5
Stormy Seas
Radsjet
Tia
Firekaust
Light Shine
9 posters

Go down

STF Ground Guides Empty STF Ground Guides

Post  Light Shine Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 am

(Reserved for Infected)
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

http://ponysquare.com/Light_Shine/

Back to top Go down

STF Ground Guides Empty Re: STF Ground Guides

Post  Light Shine Sat May 05, 2012 10:59 am

(Reserved for KA)
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Sat May 05, 2012 11:25 am

(Reserved for Cure)
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

STF Ground Guides Empty Best configuration

Post  Firekaust Mon May 07, 2012 3:55 pm

What's the best set/configuration when fighting Borg?

Firekaust
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Wed May 09, 2012 2:11 pm

Difficult to say for ground STF. If you decide to take two guns make sure they are not the same energy type (Plasma, Disruptor, Phaser, Anti-proton, etc) so if you're in the middle of a fight and the borg adapt to one energy type you can switch weapons and continue firing without remodulating. You can also go for a gun and a melee weapon. The nice thing about taking a melee weapon is you don't have to remodulate it you can just swing endlessly. The downside is that you have to get up close so the range of situations in which you can use it are limited (mopping up individual borg near the end of a fight). Getting your hands on a fractal remodulator or even better the full omega or MACO sets is a very good idea. Remodulation time is cut by half with the fractal remodulator and is almost instantaneous with the full omega or MACO sets. Just keep in mind that with the MACO and omega sets every component must be the same Mark i.e. Mk X Armour + Mk X Shield + Mk X Weapon will give you the instant remodulator but if the Mk number is not the same for all of them it will not work. Personally I recommend you try to get the MACO set it's better. If you decide to take two guns try to get the omega gun it's a pretty good weapon against the borg and uses a different energy type from the MACO gun.
Tia
Tia
Member of the Celestial Brigade

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Wed May 09, 2012 2:20 pm

Celestia wrote:Difficult to say for ground STF. If you decide to take two guns make sure they are not the same energy type (Plasma, Disruptor, Phaser, Anti-proton, etc) so if you're in the middle of a fight and the borg adapt to one energy type you can switch weapons and continue firing without remodulating. You can also go for a gun and a melee weapon. The nice thing about taking a melee weapon is you don't have to remodulate it you can just swing endlessly. The downside is that you have to get up close so the range of situations in which you can use it are limited (mopping up individual borg near the end of a fight). Getting your hands on a fractal remodulator or even better the full omega or MACO sets is a very good idea. Remodulation time is cut by half with the fractal remodulator and is almost instantaneous with the full omega or MACO sets. Just keep in mind that with the MACO and omega sets every component must be the same Mark i.e. Mk X Armour + Mk X Shield + Mk X Weapon will give you the instant remodulator but if the Mk number is not the same for all of them it will not work. Personally I recommend you try to get the MACO set it's better. If you decide to take two guns try to get the omega gun it's a pretty good weapon against the borg and uses a different energy type from the MACO gun.

WOW thats a long list about how to figth a borg i usally figth the borg whit ma claws (my alian race got claws yes) and it has worked fine for me Very Happy
Radsjet
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Wed May 09, 2012 2:34 pm

For the most part going pure melee can work but when you do elite stf your shield and health do not last long particularly at closer range. Using claw melee is nice because of it's speed, manoeuvrability and ability to knock borg off their feet however, it lacks the damage provided by close range weapons like a Falchion, or Lirpa. Which reminds me pulsewave weapons can be very handy against the borg as they can topple borg even if they have adapted giving you time to attack with melee, swap guns, or remodulate (assuming you have a fractal remodulator or the MACO/Omega sets) but the distance debuff on their damage makes them a strictly close range weapon limiting their uses.
Tia
Tia

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Wed May 09, 2012 2:56 pm

Celestia wrote:For the most part going pure melee can work but when you do elite stf your shield and health do not last long particularly at closer range. Using claw melee is nice because of it's speed, manoeuvrability and ability to knock borg off their feet however, it lacks the damage provided by close range weapons like a Falchion, or Lirpa. Which reminds me pulsewave weapons can be very handy against the borg as they can topple borg even if they have adapted giving you time to attack with melee, swap guns, or remodulate (assuming you have a fractal remodulator or the MACO/Omega sets) but the distance debuff on their damage makes them a strictly close range weapon limiting their uses.

or you can use your special moves, it seems when i call on a quantom shadow or assistan crew theyr guns dont get adapted Very Happy and to top the 2 Quantom Shadows from shard of possebilits and 4 called on crew members whit 1 me and 4 ground team partners and a horta i prety much kill them whit numbers Very Happy and claws Razz i like pure meele not often i can use that

i fell like i joined star trek in a good time i have been walkin around whit the shard of possebilitis and a jem hadar tactical officer since i was level 10 Very Happy

if all fails well then i go invisible and run away like a wimp xD XD XD XD
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Mon May 21, 2012 9:22 pm

Something to remember when using the Omega or MACO set's instant remodulator is that you can find yourself in a situation where you need to remodulate again before the cooldown timer is ready again. I can't recall off the top of my head what the amount of time it is, but I've run into that problem alot because my ground weaponry is almost entirely based around antiproton and phaser. A remodulated minigun doesn't last long and if you only have a melee weapon as backup like I usually do, you're in for some frustration. A little forethought can help reduce the inevitable headaches ground STFs bring.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Post  the13thclam Tue May 22, 2012 1:22 am

I've found that for ground STFs something that hits very hard and not very often is the best way to go. Pulsewave? Yes. Sniper rifle? Yes. Anti-proton synchronous disruption beam rifle (or whatever it's called)? Very, very yes. A different energy type on each fire mode, chaining damage that doesn't seem to count towards adaptation, and extremely hard hitting single shot mode. If you're running something with exploit look for things with a single shot exploit/disable effect, like stun weapons.

Also try to choose a weapon type the rest of your team isn't running. All phasers is great for any ground mission except borg. If everyone is carrying a different energy weapon type, possibly someone with something completely exotic like the breen cold cannon, it means more damage output from the team with less down time.

Then there's always melee weapons, but elite tactical drones are really, really hard to stab to death.
the13thclam
the13thclam
Pony
Pony

Location : The oxygen deprived state known to lowlanders as Colorado

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Wed May 23, 2012 8:33 pm

It shouldn't need to be said, but after being witness to it some many times I feel the need to reiterate one of the cardinal rules of running ground STFs: no matter how much fun it might seem, don't pull one of these...

STF Ground Guides My-little-pony-friendship-is-magic-brony-ohmahgosh-she-just-ran-in

The first, and last, time I try an Elite with a group of strangers. We had a troll amongst us and although I laughed about it later, never have I wanted an Activate Friendly Fire button so much. Still, I'm stealling that as my new battle cry.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroo™ Thu May 24, 2012 9:00 am

Remodulating is like reloading.
Just pull out the other gun and remodulate both guns when they're all dead.
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  the13thclam Fri May 25, 2012 3:36 am

Caroo OS wrote:Remodulating is like reloading.
Just pull out the other gun and remodulate both guns when they're all dead.

Which works great until you realize that your backup weapon is out of ammo because your team mate took it all while you weren't looking. And by took it all I mean used the same damage type until the borg adapted. Razz

You have a very good point but remodulating on the fly sucks and it should be avoided whenever possible. Good planning minimizes the need to do so. Or just get all borg weapons. That 15 damage? From a minigun's secondary that's a lotta damage.
the13thclam
the13thclam
Pony
Pony

Location : The oxygen deprived state known to lowlanders as Colorado

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainKBX Fri May 25, 2012 4:36 am

Or hold your breath til they release the TR-116 rifle in the C-Store; Borg do not adapt to Kinetic weapons
CaptainKBX
CaptainKBX
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkarris Mon Oct 22, 2012 5:41 pm

Since I think some people still read this forum, here's a preliminary run through of the new STF Into the Hive. Keep in mind, this is all tribble, so it may change, and I've only done normal on this.

First, there is only a ground to this, no space, so leave your starships at home.

First phase:
You enter a very large room with an upper level and a lower level, both squares, though the upper level doesn't have a middle, just the perimeter. In each corner of each level there is a column that you have to activate. This triggers the four drones around each column to attack you. There is a 2 minute 30 second (I think, its around there) timer on this part for an optional to kill all the drones before the time runs out. The trick to this part is that the floor squares will light up green and then electrify for a while, insta killing you. Also, if you respawn instead of having someone revive you, you end up in a prison area, and have to get one of your team mates to rescue you. The prison areas are on the upper level on the sides that don't have an enterance or exit.

Second Phase:
This is just one square room with a big console in the center. You activate the console and defend it from one spawn of Borg, pretty easy. The trick is that there are Borg mortors aiming at you from the ceiling. They paint you with thistarget cirlce that gets smaller, and when it gets to a point, the montor locks on to that location, and after a second or two, fires. Since the room isn't very big, this can get interesting with five people, all running around,. all being targetted.

Third phase:
This starts with a cutsceen, which can be skipped. Problem here (which migth be fixed) is that if one person skips it, the rest don't skip it automatically, so you can take damage while listneing to the Borg Queen. THis protion has three sub-phases.

1st, initial spawn of Borg, there's about 6 or 7 of them, kinda tough. I believe that a few others will beam in, but at this point, I'm usuallly to busy to count. Once you deal with them, the Queen comes down for the first time, and the floors start to electrify and the morters start to come online, just like in the last two sections. After you bring her down to about half strength, she becomes immune and retreats and the next spawn wave come in. This includes an assimilated Gorn like the ones of Defari, and a ton of drones. Finally, the queen comes down again,a nd you kill her, only for her upper torso to come apart and keep on attacking you. And all the while, the floors are electrified and the mortors are firing, so you can easily find yourself trapped behind a wall of mortors and electrified floors when the floor you are starding on starts to come on. I don't think the morotrs are insta-kills, I've seen people survive them on normal, but they look like they hurt. In addition, the Queen can freeze or stun you, so there's that too.

After you kil the queen, that's it, mission done, though I hope in the relesed version they give a bit more, even if its just a cutscene of a new Queen opening her eyes someplace and crying, "And I would have gotten away with it if it wasn't for you meddeling captains."

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down