Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions

+2
Stormy Seas
Light Shine
6 posters

Go down

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Empty Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions

Post  Light Shine Sat May 05, 2012 4:11 am

Feel free to post characters you think might fit into the fanfic. Post pics, skills, special talent, a back story... Just be warned that I reserve the right to edit your OC as needed so it can fit into the fanfic storyline and atmosphere.

Last edited by Light Shine on Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

http://ponysquare.com/Light_Shine/

Back to top Go down

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Empty Re: Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions

Post  Stormy Seas Sat May 05, 2012 12:57 pm

As requested, here is what I could come up with for character information.

Name: Stormy Seas
Size/Build: Average earth pony standards
Appearance: See only other picture that I have below.

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Untitl10

Skills (major): Seamanship (seaponyship?), Navigation
Skills (minor): Construction (wood, simple machines), Meteorology, Oceanic Survival
Hindrances: Social anxiety, over-thinks problems, focuses to the point of noticing nothing else, stubborn, few skills outside own profession.
Special Talent: Can feel the "mood" of a storm and successfully, and safely, navigate through rough conditions. On the flip side, calm conditions lull him into complacency and draws his attention away from the tasks at hand due to the lack of stimuli and urgency.
Personality: Stormy Seas, if anything, can be counted on to be consistent; sometimes to a fault, and the great displeasure of those around him. Stormy is known for his tendency to bottle up his emotions and reactions, lest he give away something he'd rather no one else know. This can lead some to believe that he is cold or uncaring, but nothing could be further from the truth. He prizes honesty, intelligence, and fairness in others, and holds himself to very exacting standards. Principles and morals are not something that can be bought and Stormy has been known to allow discomforts to come upon himself, and his friends, if it meant keeping his word. That being said, he is no way a paragon. He can be judgmental, testy when tired, sarcastic to the point of being condescending, and ignorant of the feelings of others if he is not paying close attention.
History: Stormy Seas had an uneventful foalhood. No grievous injuries, family tragedies, epic battles marred his recollection of the past. His memories are of a love of books and studies while in school; playing catch with his father, an earth pony guard, and brother, a pegasus who later joined the Royal Equestrian Air Corps; working in the garden that his mother, a pegasus, tended at home; and playing pranks with his friends. At a young age, he was taken on a family vacation to the ocean and boarded a small touring vessel to visit a nearby barrier island. A sudden squall rolled in and Stormy not only enjoyed the ride more because of it, but also learned that he somehow knew what the winds and waves were going to do just before it happened. It came as no surprise to his parents when a ship's wheel appeared on his flank so afterwards. Once he was old enough, Stormy took the sea on his own and jumped from charter ship to charter ship as work opportunities dictated. He never settled down in any one place for more than a year or two and never made any truly lasting relationships outside of his family, whom he sends a letter to twice a month. After saving up enough bits he bought his own vessel, a small brigantine he calls the Dusk Horizon. From his ship, Stormy provides passenger and light cargo services, and even day tours if the price is right. He sails alone and, as an earth pony, is somewhat of an oddity among other pony captains, who are mostly unicorns. With no other crew to help him, Stormy had to devise a series of simple machines using ropes, pulleys, weight, and levers in order to sail his vessel by himself. A few chronic sore spots in his shoulders and back are continuous reminders of his tendency to over complicate problems and their solutions instead of thinking of a more simple, straightforward approach. He is content with his life, but has felt that there was something missing; a certain lacking that no amount of profit, adventure, or quiet nights on the sea could fill. Perhaps, for the first time in his life, he has finally begun to grow lonely.

Last edited by Stormy Seas on Sun May 06, 2012 9:57 am; edited 1 time in total
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Empty Re: Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions

Post  Scootaloo Sat May 05, 2012 5:17 pm

I'm going to try to use Stormy's post as a model, so... here goes...

Name: Heartshine
Size/Build: Slight, petite pegasus
Age: Erm... feel free to edit this as needed, Light Shine, but younger than the mane 6, older than the CMCs.
Appearance: See Below

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Hearts10

Skills (Major): Being supportive, helps ponies see the inner beauty of all facets of themselves
Skills (minor): telling stories, she also has some training with first aid
Hindrances: Extremely sensitive to all moods, good and bad; moderately introverted; can find herself getting too involved in other ponies hurts
Special Talent: Heartmending. While heartmending is a very old special talent, it has only been in recent years that it's grown to be accepted by the Equestrian medical community. Heartshine and her twin brother, Heartmender, were both blessed with this rare gift, and Heartshine does her best to heal the wounds of the heart and soul of the ponies around her.
History: Heartshine and her twin brother, Heartmender, were born in a small cloud village outside of Canterlot. Her family was overjoyed to have the twin foals. That joy did not last, as Heartshine's parents were killed trying to save their cloudhome from a freak storm that rolled out from Everfree Forest. Heartshine and Heartmender were raised by their whole town, as thanks for their parents sacrifice. From a young age, she showed an aptitude for heartmending, one that was often overshadowed by her brother. Once the twins got their cutie marks, Heartmender left his sister behind to take a position at the Canterlot Hospital. Heartshine missed her brother, but preferred the relative peace and quiet of her home. It was not long, however, before she was asked to take a position at Nurse Redheart's clinic in Ponyville. While she was hesitant at first, Heartshine relented and moved to the little town. She found the small-town atmosphere of Ponyville to be similar enough to her old home, and settled in quite nicely.

Last edited by Scootaloo on Sun May 06, 2012 4:17 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got carried away... :P)
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Sat May 05, 2012 9:18 pm

since the others did it this way i will just follow the herd Razz

Name: Shadow

Size/Build: Mysteriys White Mare a bit smaller and thinner than normal ponys making it more easy to get around in small places

Age: UNKNOWN (wich means none know and nither do you XD)

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Images76

Skills (Major): has a very hige stealth and speed, she can move into enemy line undetected easly and destroy the enemy defences

Skills (minor): good at finding up solutions to problems on the spot

Hindrances: makes choises after what she fells like she dont care for evil or good its all up to what she fells like doing.

Special Talent: her special talent is mostly sneaking about and speed the body skeleton is almost like it was built for stealth and speed

Personality: keeps her fellings to her self, dont like to chat mutch whit others, you can't bribe this pony and treatening will only make it worse, also dont trust other ponys trust gota be earned.

History: Shadow has none recorded history about here wich makes one wonder a bit about this mysteriys mare.
why she Applyed to join the Equestrian forces is also a mystery.
(wich means you can shape a big turn event in the history whit shadow or nothing at all your choise XD)

Last edited by Shadow on Tue May 08, 2012 1:13 am; edited 5 times in total (Reason for editing : More Details on shadow that i forgot to mention before)
Radsjet
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Back to top Go down

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Empty Pony Background Stories

Post  Light Shine Sun May 06, 2012 2:34 am

Thanks for the submissions so far! They've got good development.

One word of caution: I will use the characters as I see fit. If anypony posts a little something that takes place during my little story, I will simply chuckle and say "Oh you...." Wink

Basically, I take them as neat suggestions, and may or may not use them. I like what you've given me to work with, but be careful about how much... story you give me. Heh, if this helps, tell me more about character traits, rather than tell me their "story."

Oh, now I sound like a critic... I don't mean that. I really like that those who have posted so far have given me so much to work with!

Last edited by Light Shine on Sun May 06, 2012 1:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Scootaloo Sun May 06, 2012 2:47 am

Sorry, got a little carried away there. Making characters is fun! Rolling Eyes
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sun May 06, 2012 3:23 am

Name: Ivy Scrollheart
Size/build: Thin with longer than average legs
Appearance: A thin cream coloured unicorn with light green mane and a red quill cutie mark
Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions Ivory_10

Skills(Major): Very good almost photographic memory, well read (good general knowledge)
Skills(Minor): Excellent cook, minor medical knowledge
Hindrances: Socially awkward, takes her a while to trust others
Special Talent: Writing stories, likes to see other ponies feel strong emotion through her writing, as well as being good at writing/analyzing facts and other such data
History: Born in Canterlot into the prestigious Scrollheart family, Ivy grew up with a very privileged lifestyle. She and her siblings all attended the Royal Canterlot College of Magic, and have always been taught that they deserve the best of everything. Ivy is sometimes quite embarrassed by her up bringing as she knows many ponies aren't as lucky as she was. As such, she often found it difficult to make friends, always worrying that others would think she was just another spoiled "upper-class" unicorn. Her siblings never had this problem, and were quite happy to abuse their family's name and wealth.
Ivy ended up moving out from the family home as soon as she was able to, wanting to make her own way in the world by being herself, not because of who she was related to. Because of this she has quite a strained relationship with the rest of her family, who rarely see her since she left (Backstory is still work in progress Razz)
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Scootaloo Sun May 06, 2012 5:15 am

Maybe we should post some colt/stallion OCs. Stormy appears to be the only one whose character matches his revealed gender...
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Sun May 06, 2012 9:58 am

Light Shine wrote:Thanks for the submissions so far! They've got good development.

One word of caution: I will use the characters as I see fit. If anypony posts a little something that takes place during my little story, I will simply chuckle and say "Oh you...." Wink

Basically, I take them as neat suggestions, and may or may not use them. I like what you've given me to work with, but be careful about how much... story you give me. Heh, if this helps, tell me more about character traits, rather than tell me their "story."

Oh, no I sound like a critic... I don't mean that. I really like that those who have posted so far have given me so much to work with!

I've added a small bit on Personality to provide more to work with.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sun May 06, 2012 1:19 pm

Scootaloo wrote:Maybe we should post some colt/stallion OCs. Stormy appears to be the only one whose character matches his revealed gender...

All my oc's are female, i think because most of the show characters are so it makes more sense in my head xD
I'm working on a male earth pony though, will submit that when i get time Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Mon May 07, 2012 9:24 am

Stormy Seas wrote:
Light Shine wrote:Thanks for the submissions so far! They've got good development.

Oh, no I sound like a critic... I don't mean that. I really like that those who have posted so far have given me so much to work with!

I've added a small bit on Personality to provide more to work with.

Again i have followed the herd and changed some things on my pony to
FOLLOW THE HERD Razz
(well realy i just forgot to add some info the first time and was gona do it anyway)
also i dont know what you mean by sounding like a critic Ligth Shine you sound more like a advicer
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Wisp Tue May 08, 2012 2:18 am

I think I offered him before but I'll offer him again. You can use my ponysona. His picture should be my avatar here with one difference, the cutie mark should be a star and I've been meaning to make his head more colt-like. That's an old picture <.<

Name: Dusk Whisp
Race: Unicorn
Age: Uh, I don't know. Whatever is consider the average age I guess.
Main skills: Engineer (so I suppose a special ability in repair and maintenance).
Minor skills: Astronomer, which gives him the tertiary ability to navigate at night, and physicist.
Hindrances: Often too calm and relaxed. Has a difficult time trusting and forgiving those who offends him. Is stubborn when doing a given task or assignment.
Special Talent: Keenly observant-Notices things that normal ponies would miss and helps if need, which can something as small as a simple repair or offering a shoulder to cry for a friend.
Brief History: Dusk was born in Trottingham and always had an affinity for the night sky. Despite that, he still pursued an education that was largely focused on math and science when he attended both the local community college and the University of Trottingham. He's an only colt to a single mother and they were never all too lucky with money but his mother always figured out a way to afford both necessities and some small luxuries. Because of this, he knows the importance of "getting his hooves dirty" even though he's a unicorn.
Dusk Wisp
Dusk Wisp
Known Pony
Known Pony

http://ponysquare.com/ari/

Back to top Go down

Post  Scootaloo Tue May 08, 2012 3:42 am

Yay! A colt OC! ^_^ Sounds cool, Dusk Whisp.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Wisp Tue May 08, 2012 8:46 pm

Wait. I'm the only one? I thought Stormy was too..along with Light Shine...GAH! can't focus..last week..of..semester..
Dusk Wisp
Dusk Wisp
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Tue May 08, 2012 9:26 pm

Dusk Whisp wrote:Wait. I'm the only one? I thought Stormy was too..along with Light Shine...GAH! can't focus..last week..of..semester..

Well, mine does count since I'm the creator, so Stormy's was the only one until yours... Considering that the Mane six will be in the story, and I had another friend outside of the fleet that also submitted a mare, the colt characters are a little outnumbered as of now...

Last edited by Light Shine on Tue May 08, 2012 10:28 pm; edited 1 time in total
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Tue May 08, 2012 10:26 pm

Light Shine wrote:
Dusk Whisp wrote:Wait. I'm the only one? I thought Stormy was too..along with Light Shine...GAH! can't focus..last week..of..semester..

Well, mine does count since I'm the creator, so Stormy's was the only one until yours... Considering that the Mane six will be in the story,a dn I have another friends outside of the fleet that also submitted a mare, the colt characters are a little outnumbered as of now...

To be fair, in the show this is how it is also Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Tue May 08, 2012 11:56 pm

Light Shine wrote:

Well, mine does count since I'm the creator, so Stormy's was the only one until yours... Considering that the Mane six will be in the story, and I had another friend outside of the fleet that also submitted a mare, the colt characters are a little outnumbered as of now...

Looking at the male to female ratio, I don't think Stormy would have a problem with being outnumbered.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Dusk Wisp Wed May 09, 2012 1:21 am

Stormy Seas wrote:
Light Shine wrote:

Looking at the male to female ratio, I don't think Stormy would have a problem with being outnumbered.

Neither would Dusk. I was just a little surprise that its only Dusk and Stormy. I thought there was at least one or two others.
Dusk Wisp
Dusk Wisp
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Wed May 09, 2012 2:06 pm

Since pepoal is talking about a lack in stalions so im just gona post one Laughing
Name: Radsjet

Size/Build: A bit higer than a normal pony, but sligtly thinner than he should be.

Of Ponies and Skyships: Character Submissions 1206110

Skills (Major): Knows great deal of diffreant spells.

Skills (minor): For unknown reasons he's spells gets more powerfull under special times like meteor showers and eclipses

Hindrances: Dont follow orders always and somtimes he dont wait to get them ither.

Special Talent: Invisibility spell and Double ganger spell/ make's copy's of himself that may help him in combat by figthing with him or serve as a destraction. (i will leave it up to Light Shine to make the limit to how many he can make and for how long the duplication spell works)

Personality: A bit Mysterious fells like you cant point your finger on him as if he is exsisting but not existing as well. Found of creatures of the Shadow and Dragons, he never gives up no matter how bad it looks.

belives there is always another option and everyone should get a new chanse no matter what they did, he also likes a rainy day.
and hes a very calm and happy pony its like he has completed all he has ever wanted to do in life, only time he gets sad is if somepony die thats the only time he gets sad.

also if you plan to have a debate whit this pony you better get ready because he can debate for hours or days.
(OH For the Sake Of Equestria dont put him up whit a debate whit pinki pie it will take years of talking Razz) he also loves to solve a mystery.

History: There is none recorded history on Radsjet to tell the truth its like he poped up in history a day ago and the only reason he joined the Equestrian force was because he felt like it that day :/
and he's medical history is totely blank apperently he has never been sick.

Last edited by Shadow on Thu May 10, 2012 1:16 pm; edited 1 time in total
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Thu May 10, 2012 9:27 am

if you have already read my character's remember to read them again somtime as i do at some point change them a little if i fell like i should remove somthing or forgot somthing Very Happy
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down