Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Romulan Character Closed Beta

3 posters

Go down

Romulan Character Closed Beta Empty Romulan Character Closed Beta

Post  BryceGDay Thu Apr 18, 2013 7:50 pm

So, some us have access to the Closed Beta for Romulan characters, so I figured I'd make a thread about it, so we can all share what we find out.

BryceGDay
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Romulan Character Closed Beta Empty Re: Romulan Character Closed Beta

Post  BryceGDay Thu Apr 18, 2013 9:57 pm

Alright, first impressions! I did the tutorial and the first mission, here are my impressions: Altogether, the scenery of the starting point(the colony) was very nice and Rustic, yet it kept the futuristic elements one would expect from an advanced species...The mechanics for Romulan ships is different, but nothing stands out as "broken" or "OP" to me as of yet. The first mission was decent and included only space combat, and saw the return of the Suliban featured in Star Trek Enterprise, which was interesting. As for actual mechanics, it seems all ships come with Battlecloak. The ships seem relatively bland to me, unfortunately, as I don't see any that fit my needs, however I'm sure some will love them....none of them seem particularly science ship-like, unfortunately. I think lockbox ships may be the way to go, if possible, at first, at least for me. More testing will be done later.

BryceGDay
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Fri Apr 19, 2013 5:52 am

I'm looking forward to trying them, Romulans are cool

How different are the Romulan ship mechanics? bounce
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkarris Mon Apr 22, 2013 6:21 pm

Romulan ships only have 40 power per system when balanced, not 50 like Fed and KDF ships. So you can still get to 100 in one power, but your lowest will be 15, before bonuses.

Second big difference, Battle cloak, all ships have them. Use it, know it, love it. You are Romulan, you decloak, hammer your enemy, and its he's not dead by the time you can re-cloak, then vanish, heal, and bore back in. This can be either slow or fun and sometimes both. My opinion, your tactics may very.

Third and last big difference, singularity powers. As you shoot your weapons, you gain singularity power. Once it reaches level one, at least, you can use these powers. So far, only three are known, and each gets introduced when you get a new level ship. First is Plasma Shockwave, which doesn't seem to push ships back, but does put a plasma burn on them. Then there is a heal/abosrbtion power, forgot the name, that converst enemy damage into heals, and last is warp shadow, which is basically two decoys of your ship that steal most to all of the argo on you, letting you attack for free for a bit. There are five levels of singularity power, with each elvel being more powerful. So if you let it charge up to 5, that shockwave will be much deadlier. Then, after your fire your power, you have a cooldown period where you don't collect more power. Good time to cloak.

Other things. The sets area mazing, and the ship interior is beautiful, some of the dev blogs have some shots if you want a look. The missiosn are also grade A, with only a few exceptions. I can't wait to see the reset, not to get to 50, but to see how the story goes. One exception is Mind Games, which is a good idea about you getting brainwashed, but the execution doesn't quite work. Still better than most of the rest of the stuff mission wise.

Also KDF is getting new missions. I can't play the new intro, but there seems to be one, and there are new tutiorial missions that have much more action in them than run around talking to everyone. One includes a Bird of Prey strike.

And ther will be some sort of shared missions at Nimbus III, the planet of galactic pease, it seems, or at least, everyone gets missions there it seems. I'll keep reporting things as I find them.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down