Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious

+2
Nighty Dew Drop
Laichonious
6 posters

Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious

Post  Laichonious Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:46 pm

Good day everypony! I should have done this when I registered weeks ago but better late than never I suppose. Well a bit about myself... I'm a one year old brony as of March. Shortly after discovering the bliss of Ponies, I began to write fanfiction. Unexpected success came in the form of my second fiction, The Great Brony Migration, unexpected because I don't think it's any good. Eleven thousand unique hits beg to differ, but I maintain that my other projects are much better. I am a student of animation, working on a degree and nearly done. I won't be using it, however. I'll be going on to a four year school for an English degree.

Um, I'm a fan of dry humor and epic fantasy so I nearly exploded when I was introduced to Terry Pratchett and his Discworld. I discovered that I have quite the affinity for comedic writing. If you ever feel the need to sample it, you can find it under Magical Wizard Brony Detectives. I'm coauthoring it with Retsamoreh, one of my editors and a funny guy in his own right.

I've been told that I was born in the wrong era and have had the term 'old soul' applied to me many times by people who don't even know me...

So yeah, I hate talking about myself.
Laichonious
Laichonious
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

http://www.fimfiction.net/user/Laichonious

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty Re: Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious

Post  Nighty Dew Drop Fri Jan 25, 2013 4:51 pm

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Yqf6KHP
Nighty Dew Drop
Nighty Dew Drop
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty Welcome

Post  Pilot Solaris Fri Jan 25, 2013 8:22 pm

Welcome to the fleet! Glad to have you here.
Pilot Solaris
Pilot Solaris
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/PilotSolaris

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty Re: Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious

Post  Malkarris Mon Jan 28, 2013 4:49 pm

You wrote Great Brony Migration? Wow, I'm in awe, seriously. Welcome to the fleet.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Mon Jan 28, 2013 7:09 pm

Great Brony Migration has been recommended to me several times, guess this is another reason to check it out Razz

Welcome!
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty If only....

Post  Hootanic Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:00 pm

I wish there were a way that you could lend your writing talent to Chronicle the History of the UESF. It's quite a good story and, I think, a needed one. We have many new members that know little of our origins, trials, and current triumph that has led us to the current state of a Pax Bronium on STO. It is story that starts with a few and ends with our community on STO, passing from periods where those few lost ponies discovered each other, made several fleets, fought tyranny within our fleets, and established peace and justice for all ponydom across the Galaxy (at lest the Alpha and Beta quadrants). Quite a compelling saga if I say so myself, if dramatized. Shame really, I wish I was a better writer.

Last edited by Hootanic on Mon Jan 28, 2013 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : spelling)
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Post  Laichonious Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:03 pm

Malkarris wrote:You wrote Great Brony Migration? Wow, I'm in awe, seriously. Welcome to the fleet.

I don't want to sound mean, but it always tickles me something silly when I get reactions like that. Personally, I can only see the flaws in TGBM and it just doesn't live up to my standards. It's genuinely surprising that anypony liked it in the first place, at least to me.

Oh, Hootanic, if enough material comes my way I suppose I could organize or even dramatize parts of the fleet history. History is one of my most favorite subjects (I'm told I generate enough fake history to rub shoulders with Tolkien at times). I just don't know when I would be able to do it. I'm getting ready to dive the rest of the way into my animation thesis project so I'll end up being a ghost for a few weeks, if not months...
Laichonious
Laichonious
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Dew Drop Tue Jan 29, 2013 9:19 pm

Laichonious wrote:
Malkarris wrote:You wrote Great Brony Migration? Wow, I'm in awe, seriously. Welcome to the fleet.

I don't want to sound mean, but it always tickles me something silly when I get reactions like that. Personally, I can only see the flaws in TGBM and it just doesn't live up to my standards. It's genuinely surprising that anypony liked it in the first place, at least to me.

Oh, Hootanic, if enough material comes my way I suppose I could organize or even dramatize parts of the fleet history. History is one of my most favorite subjects (I'm told I generate enough fake history to rub shoulders with Tolkien at times). I just don't know when I would be able to do it. I'm getting ready to dive the rest of the way into my animation thesis project so I'll end up being a ghost for a few weeks, if not months...

pfff you will not
i'm in your class
you're just lazy =P
Nighty Dew Drop
Nighty Dew Drop
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty good to know

Post  Hootanic Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:37 am

Well, for sure I understand your school commitments as I work in a university IT department and have all sorts of grad and undergrad students that I work with.

As for our history, to be honest a lot of it is on these Forums. I will try and send something more concrete for you via Skype when I can, but I challenge you to form your own ideas based off the posts you find. In brief, the UESF was founded almost a year ago, on Feb 20th which @xenacazanos can give more details too. After the founding was the Early Period, where the UESF was a fed fleet only and was led collectively with a group called the Council, @xenacazanos, @ponygore(iLunanti on skype), KBX and others could provide more insight into this time which lasted up until about April or May of 2012 when Light Shine consolidated authority unto himself and re-organized the fleet. It was at the end of his reign where he re-branded the UESF into the Guardians of Equestria on the fed side and the House of Ali'Khorne into the Night Guards of Equestria on the KDF side. This was in part due to the next period of our history.

It is not clear when exactly we all found each other, but it was mid-way into Light Shine's reign that ponies of the UESF began finding other ponies and pony fleets, including my former fleet, the New Lunar Republic. This period was the Brony Gathering as we began finding lost ponies from allover STO and both the UESF and NLR began gathering them into Pony Chat. This was a very enigmatic time and both fleets co-operated to advance the cause of Harmony in the cosmos. Outwardly both fleets were cordial and friendly, but inwardly both fleets began competing fiercely for ponies and resources. Light Shine was displeased that the members of the NLR didn't want to be annexed by the UESF and the NLR, being smaller had to work very hard to attract talent that would otherwise go to the UESF (then approx 200+ members to the NLR's 40+). The competition began to get very heated and for a time during that summer it felt like war would be inevitable.

Then Derpy came in. At this time, the mood in the UESF was dour as Light Shine pushed hard in many areas and made things generally un-fun for many. At the same time in the NLR, our leader Kratos, drifted between absence and interference putting many of us on edge. At this time Derpy@xeylen was a member of both fleets and worked in both. Derpy worked hard to have Light Shine see reason and was able to get Light Shine to end his reign. Several months later, it became clear to the Senior Officers of the NLR that we were not being led in a manner that was either competant or accountable to the members and we made our own attempt to have our leader surrender the fleet to the fleet members. Derpy was present for both of these coups - one succeeded, the other did not.

This began the Unification of Bronies under the banner of the UESF. With our failed coup, the NLR members took refuge in the UESF, to whom many of the members of each fleet were friends with for the long period of co-operation that we enjoyed so it was not a major change. The assimilation of our fleet took time and many of the ideas that we had from the NLR exist in the UESF today. Under Derpy's leadership, the many ponies have become one, the Council has been restored and a Charter created to safeguard love and tolerance going forward. Now we are at the present - the Pax Bronium. Even though we still face many challenges, they are no where near the kind of tumult as before. And, with the special talents of all our fellow bronies, the future for our community is bright indeed.

Last edited by Hootanic on Wed Jan 30, 2013 12:56 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : phone died)
Hootanic
Hootanic
Fleet Authority
Fleet Authority

Back to top Go down

Hello, I'm a wizard, otherwise known as Laichonious Empty Not lazy, and cool

Post  Laichonious Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:14 pm

Just cuz you like to slack off, Dew, doesn't mean that everyone does ;P

That was actually a very well worded summary. Perhaps when the weekend rolls around and if I keep to my schedule, I'll do some digging around on the forum and work through some of the older posts. It's always good to have something to practice with Very Happy
Laichonious
Laichonious
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Nighty Dew Drop Wed Jan 30, 2013 3:15 pm

Laichonious wrote:Just cuz you like to slack off, Dew, doesn't mean that everyone does ;P

That was actually a very well worded summary. Perhaps when the weekend rolls around and if I keep to my schedule, I'll do some digging around on the forum and work through some of the older posts. It's always good to have something to practice with Very Happy

lies!
Nighty Dew Drop
Nighty Dew Drop
Pony
Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Malkarris Thu Jan 31, 2013 1:48 pm

Laichonious wrote:

Don't worry, I understand how writers and artists feel about such things. I dabble enough to have seen it in myself, and I live with a writer, so I've seen it in front of my face to. While a good story, about half of my awe is that you managed to get it out to the public. I almost always stumble with that part.

I hope that came out right. Something tells me that it could sound like something I'm not trying to say, but I mean good things, really.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum