Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Events Discussion

+6
Scootaloo
Shooting Star
Tia
Light Shine
Niarro
Stormy Seas
10 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Events Discussion Empty Events Discussion

Post  Stormy Seas Thu Apr 05, 2012 4:49 am

Okay, so it's all well and good to roll with STFs when we've got enough folks online and STO events when they pop up, but I think we need a genuine discussion on what sort of fleetwide events we can try to plan. I'd like to start this topic as a place where we can throw out ideas, work out problems with plans, and decide on, if not a regular schedule of get-togethers, then, at least, some worthwhile events.

To start the ball rolling, I penned these thoughts down during a meeting in our wardroom that just would not end:

1. "Get to Know" parties on different bridges: An individual selected for a weekend hosts a get-together on their bridge and we use that as a place and time to learn a little more about that person. This, I think, would be especially helpful to getting to know new or newer members.

2. All-Shuttle PvE: I got to participate in one of these and laughed so much at the swarm of shuttles flitting around and taking on the Gorn. It was fast-paced, casual, and a real hoot.

3. Group Photo Opportunities: Want to show off your fancy new uniform, just got your ship washed and want to parade around that new wax gloss? I think the forums could be spiced up some some fleet photos in formation, poses, or just plain action shots.

4. Design/promotion Contests: I donate quite a bit to the fandom in general by giving to various websites, blogs, podcasts, and charities on a regular basis. I wouldn't mind putting up a little something in the way of a Steam game or something similar to encourage folks to make an awesome recruitment/promotion piece or spark some creativity within the fleet. Much discussion needed for something like this.

5. Fleet Raid: But, STO doesn't really have Raids? No, but what's to stop us from storming ESD with tribble guns and party poppers? Maybe get Q to morph everyone into spiders and "infest" the Club. I recall some pretty hilarious, and harmless, trolling at K-7 one night with a glitch that dropped you off the visible map and a party popper.

6. Birthday Gifts: Got a birthday coming up? Really have your eye on that shiny, top-of-the-line Quantum Torpedo but just don't have the ECs or crafting materials? Well, you might just find one in the mail on your birthday, courtesy of a few donations.

7. Regular Check-Ins: Not so much an event, but a way for the rest of us to know that the world truely isn't flat and you didn't dropped off the end of it last week. Just a friendly "I'm still alive" (maybe even in the Glados voice) every few weeks or monthly.

8. Full RP Day: not everyone is into RP in a big way, but I found the promotion event that Big Mac pulled together in a Manehatten second to be really fun. Even got a photo op out of it. Something that would take a lot of preperation, but it could be rolled into a custom mission that maybe someone's been working on.

9. Scheduled STFs: We love'em, we need'em, but sometimes you gotta PUG it when there's just not enough members online. Perhaps we could assign primary and alternate overseers to run scheduled STFs so if members have only a narrow window to play in, for whatever reason, they know there's an STF starting up in 10 min. Might be too hard with timezones and personal schedules.

10. Isn't there an Admiral's Club somewhere that's never used that we have a dance-off or something on?

Thoughts? Comments? Complaints? Gripes? Rants? Raves? Hugs? Muffins? Anypony?
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Events Discussion Empty Re: Events Discussion

Post  Niarro Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:38 am

Apple Fritter! *toss*

These suggestions sound like a wonderful way to replace the non-existant end game XD Some of them sounds quite awesome!

Niarro
Dignitary of Manehatten
Dignitary of Manehatten

Back to top Go down

Events Discussion Empty Absolutely Fantastic!

Post  Light Shine Thu Apr 05, 2012 11:22 am

We could even have a post-episode discussion of MLP every Saturday! Although, not EVERYPONY sees the episodes at the same time, and there are only so many episodes left in the season... But I like the idea. May be a bit hard to organize some of the activities due to the wide range of schedules that everypony has, but we can work things out. I like the birthday idea, and the "Meet the Fleet."

I especially like the photo shoots. I think it would be great to get a pic of as many members in one spot as possible—both ground and space. Dressed in your iconic uniform! Why, if we get this rolling, we could see if EQD would host a post with our pic and recruiting message! Our fleet would explode!(well, I hope it would).

I'd even be willing to host "Chat With Big Mac" events; I know that sounds rather agrandizing, but I've stuck up several private/personal conversations with many a pony, and enjoy the more personal chats that I've had. This would open it up for me to get to know the fleet a bit better, especially being and Alicorn and primary caretaker of the fleet itself.

I'll post a few "test" events tonight, to see how much reaction we get. I'll be sure to send out a fleet email about it too.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

http://ponysquare.com/Light_Shine/

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Thu Apr 05, 2012 1:01 pm

I probably won't be around much tonight but mac just let me know how everything goes and I'll post some thread discussions about them. Love the suggestions for the fleet events by the way stormy keep up the good work.
Tia
Tia
Member of the Celestial Brigade

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:38 pm

To keep timezone coverage to its maximum possible extent, I'll gladly take up any torch that's still buring once those of y'all on the other side of the world finally give in to the need for sleep. My usual times online in the evening are generally pretty quiet and could use some spice. As for the test runs coming up, I'll be on as soon as I get off of work today. We have sports every Friday afternoon, so let's see....approx 1800L - 9hrs for GMT = 0900 GMT - 4hrs for EST = 0500 EST. Dang, that's early for a Friday. Maybe I'll just go for the after action report.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Thu Apr 05, 2012 10:32 pm

Havn't been able to get online much recently, but these are awesome ideas Very Happy
I paticuarly like the RP ideas as well as party popper raids
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Events Discussion Empty Shuttle Fleet Actions

Post  Scootaloo Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:02 pm

Just because I'm kind of geeky like this, I think the shuttle actions would be really fun. We could call them Cutie Mark Crusader's Pint sized actions or something like that. Just a thought...
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sun Apr 08, 2012 6:34 pm

Scootaloo wrote:Just because I'm kind of geeky like this, I think the shuttle actions would be really fun. We could call them Cutie Mark Crusader's Pint sized actions or something like that. Just a thought...

My shuttle IS the USS Scootaloo...... Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Sun Apr 08, 2012 8:40 pm

Toki wrote:
Scootaloo wrote:Just because I'm kind of geeky like this, I think the shuttle actions would be really fun. We could call them Cutie Mark Crusader's Pint sized actions or something like that. Just a thought...

My shuttle IS the USS Scootaloo...... Very Happy

As is my Captain's Yacht, though my Delta Flyer (USS Littlepip) from back in the day when it was a craftable item is growing on me again.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:08 pm

Heh... That's funny. My Yellowstone Runabout is the Scootaloo as well...

Fancy that.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Sun Apr 08, 2012 11:45 pm

Was I the only one creative enough to name both of my shuttles something other than scootaloo (spike & sweetiebell)
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:06 pm

Celestia wrote:Was I the only one creative enough to name both of my shuttles something other than scootaloo (spike & sweetiebell)

Looks that way Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:20 pm

Kinda makes sense sccootaloo is a ratehr fitting name for a shuttle.
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Scootaloo Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:29 pm

The amusing part is that my runabout's name is Michigamme... because it's a river...
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Mon Apr 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Naming your shuttle Scootaloo would be just a little bit redundant
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Luna Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:51 pm

Luna's runabout is the Nicolas Cage
Jaggedhoof Khan is the Rainbow Crash (just bought today)
Luna
Luna
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Mon Apr 09, 2012 9:59 pm

Luna wrote:Luna's runabout is the Nicolas Cage

Why? Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Mon Apr 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Toki wrote:
Luna wrote:Luna's runabout is the Nicolas Cage

Why? Razz

I always assumed folks knew Nicolas Cage was best pony.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Events Discussion Empty Big Event Day

Post  Light Shine Wed Apr 11, 2012 1:54 am

Say... I think of would be awesome if we had a big event day. I mean, there's no MLP episode on Saturday... What if we threw a party? All shuttle PVE. RP photo-ops/discussions. Another fleet portrait. A discussion of artists....

...we need a banner. Eeyup. Some sort of recruitment banner to post on EQD. I mean it! We need to get our name out there! I guarantee we are the largest brony fleet in STO! We should be pushing that! Egads! The publicity! The fame! The awesome explosion of new recruits!
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:18 am

Saturday sounds pretty good to me. Also like the idea of the banner...I wonder if there will be multiple entries...
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Luna Wed Apr 11, 2012 2:31 am

Not sure how active I will be this weekend. Got a lot of group projects to work on.
Luna
Luna
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Wed Apr 11, 2012 3:11 am

If we're not confined to the ship while trying to recover from a system crash that lost 5 weeks of inspection data, I'll do my best to be there.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsuro_STO Wed Apr 11, 2012 6:49 am

...Apperently I am quite unoriginal as well ;as my shuttle is also the U.S.S Scootaloo; it is very fitting though I think.

I usually work Saturdays now up to the fall, until just after 5PM; Centeral/Mountain time. But if there are evening events planned I will certainly do my best to participate.
Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Wed Apr 11, 2012 12:26 pm

considering that most of us play in the evenings and afternoons (EST) it's likely allot of the events will cluster around that time space. 2000-0100 (UTC)
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Wed Apr 11, 2012 7:50 pm

Saturday sounds good to me Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot