Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Idea Pool

+2
Tia
Caroo™
6 posters

Go down

The Idea Pool Empty The Idea Pool

Post  Caroo™ Thu May 24, 2012 8:32 am

As the title says, A pool of ideas.
We put our ideas for a fanfic here as long as it's pony
so that fanfic writers will have something to do.
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

The Idea Pool Empty A second chance

Post  Tia Tue May 29, 2012 1:02 pm

This was an idea I began toying with after reading a few fictions about humans in Equestria. In most of the stories I read the people ended up in Equestria by accident and eventually come to settle there. My idea is this:
The story would focus on a young (teenager) loner, depressed, this individual decides they are tired of life and decide to take their own life by jumping off a bridge. At the last moment they are whisked away to the ever-free forest saving their life. The individual appears a few feet above the ground and during the short fall they hit their head on a branch or stone resulting amnesia and the character forgets about their decision to commit suicide. So initially the individual tries their best to survive and eventually they happen upon a pony who to the individual's horror can speak. The earlier parts of the story would focus on xenophobia on both the individual's part and the part of the residents of Equestria. Slowly the two sides (the human and the ponies) begin to overcome their fear of each other eventually learning to accept one another's differences and live together bringing us to the midpoint of the story. It is around this time that the individual's amnesia begins to wear off and over the course of a few days the slowly begin to recall the weeks leading up to their decision to take their own life. Upon this realization the individual becomes frightened and angry and attempts to take their life again but their new-found friends are able to talk them out of it. This is about as far as I have gotten in the story and I am toying with how to end it and I have come up with three possibilities.
One
Spoiler:
Two
Spoiler:
Three
Spoiler:
Thoughts?
Tia
Tia
Member of the Celestial Brigade

https://uesf.canadaboard.net

Back to top Go down

The Idea Pool Empty Re: The Idea Pool

Post  Shooting Star Tue May 29, 2012 1:29 pm

Like the idea Tia, but i can't decide which ending is better Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroo™ Tue May 29, 2012 2:08 pm

Put both endings and make the second to the lest chapter compatible with both endings?
And from the second to the last chapter you can select which ending? Very Happy
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Tue May 29, 2012 2:21 pm

For the third option you would need four chapters two for each possible ending. One chapter detailing the immediate results of that choice the second chapter as an epilogue for that particular ending. The idea behind the third ending is probably the best but it requires a fair amount of writing on top of what is likely to be a rather long story. It may be possible to shorten the story by making it a series of flashbacks by the main character culminating in a chapter that gives the reader a choice.
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainKBX Tue May 29, 2012 3:06 pm

This does go with the fanfic I've been planning, which is helpful
CaptainKBX
CaptainKBX
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Tue May 29, 2012 8:41 pm

To be honest I would write this myself but I have serious doubts about my ability to write fiction. I haven't done tried to do it in a very long time (years) and those attempts were terrible.
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Wed May 30, 2012 1:24 am

Sigh against my better judgement
Spoiler:
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainKBX Wed May 30, 2012 1:44 am

Definitely wasn't bad! Raises questions in my mind as to what I'd like to do with my own Fic. I'd like to see yours continued nonetheless
CaptainKBX
CaptainKBX
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Thu May 31, 2012 1:07 am

Once again against my better judgement
Spoiler:
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:51 pm

Another idea. Comedic piece. Human arrives in Ponyville with some skill as a massage therapist. It turns out that he's pretty good. So good in fact that he begins to pose a risk to lotus and aloe's business. Sort of a hands Vs. Hoofs which is better for a massage.
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainKBX Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:53 pm

xD That sounds awesome
CaptainKBX
CaptainKBX
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroo™ Wed Jun 06, 2012 4:28 am

I think Lyra fans would also love this.

Btw Idea
Three ships named S.S. Canterlot, S.S. Cloudsdale and S.S. Ponyville lost somehwre in space, they need to get back and they meet aliens and stuff. and this takes place 300 years in the future.
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

The Idea Pool Empty Hand in the shadows

Post  Tia Sun Jun 17, 2012 11:14 pm

Episode 31
Sisterhooves social
Actions required: ***
Cost: ******$
Log:
Strategically opened windows to ensure burning smell and smoke reached the olfactory glands of Rarity waking her.
-Windows needed to be opened during cooking phase to ensure maximum saturation of rarity's bedroom: cost of daylight insertion team: 4,500 bits
--Humid weather required additional precautions: Cost of concealed micro-fans (3): 240 bits
*Cost of action 4740 bits
Increase viscosity of specific ingredients to increase the chance of Sweetie belle making a significant mess.
-Alteration of ingredients required a night op: Cost of night insertion team: 3,500 bits, Cost of chemical reagents: 40 bits
Cost of action 3,540 bits
Placement of concealed holo-emitters and micro-fans to prevent parents from perceiving actual state of disarray in kitchen: Cost of micro-fans (6): 420 bits Cost of holo-emitters (2): 400 bits
Note: Daylight insertion team was able to place the devices before cooking began without being noticed despite presence of Pinkie pie within 350 meters review team leader dossier consider promotion or recognition of exemplary demonstration of skill.
*Cost of action 820 bits
...To be continued
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  NivetadaPlix Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Human male is 'killed' in a fire while sleeping, which was accidentally set by Celestia, who frantically tries to save him but due to Earth's odd properties, sends him back in time in Equestria. When he wakes up, he's in a pet store. Looking up at a bunch of ponies. He's not a human. Nor a pony. He's a baby Phoenix. And he's a girl. A filly Celestia comes in, and boom, and that's how Equestria was made.

Er. Philomeena. Yeah.

I probably did something wrong.
NivetadaPlix
NivetadaPlix
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Tia Sun Jul 01, 2012 11:38 pm

Has anypony heard of an anime called birdy the mighty because I can imagine some hilarious shenanigans using the idea behind that show, celestia, and a human (or possibly one of the mane six).
Tia
Tia

Back to top Go down

Post  Caroo™ Tue Aug 21, 2012 3:42 am

I have an idea...

For thousands of years the Equetrians thought they were alone. but in the utopian future of equestria, they find a lone rocket that entered their territorial space. Human in origin and filled with emblems of space agencies know to man, it sits there battered by asteroids long forgotten. Inside the Rocket's nose cone is a small note containing this.
Spoiler:

And so they set out to find Earth but humans are not the only ones that they will meet.
Caroo™
Caroo™
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

The Idea Pool Empty Late is as late does, but...

Post  Pilot Solaris Sun Feb 17, 2013 6:04 pm

I've got some fanfiction ideas cooking in the pot, each one with its own interesting plot (no, not that plot). They're all crossovers of MLP with another medium, generally I try out new crossovers that haven't been done before or try to do a crossover of a better quality than most fictions, though whether or not it's any good is up in the air. So, without further ado, the crossovers are:

Code Lyoko: Equestria
Crosses over: Code Lyoko: Evolution/MLP
Synopsis: In an infinite universe, anything is possible. While Jeremy and the Lyoko Warriors try to live out their lives at Kadic Academy while fighting a reinvigorated XANA and his forces at the same time, six young Ponies, the captain of the Equestrian Royal Guard, and a young Princess discover a computer, tucked away deep underneath the basement of an abandoned Canterlot warehouse, which holds the keys to another universe, and a great danger. In the end, it will take the efforts of these new Lyoko Warriors and the original Lyoko Warriors to maintain peace and safety in Lyoko, Earth, and Equestria.

Daring Do and the Tome of Eternities
Crosses over: Myst/MLP
Note: This is effectively Rainbow Dash reading the latest Daring Do book to Scootaloo as a bedtime story, what follows is that book's synopsis.
Synopsis: For years, legends of a mysterious "Tome of Eternities" have enthralled and excited treasure hunters and archaeologists from around the world, with its promises of incredible knowledge and understanding being locked within its pages sending many an adventurer to seek it out, some never to return. However, Prof. Daring Do, master explorer and archaeologist, believes that those legends are just that--pure myth, sending explorers and adventurers to their unnecessary doom. She herself sought out the Tome of Eternities when she was just a young Junior Explorer at summer camp, and was disappointed when she found that it wasn't where the legends said it was. But when she learns that the location of the Tome of Eternities might be in a different location than the one she thought it was in due to a translation error on the Griffin Shield she had found, holding information on where the legendary book could be found, she goes out with a new interest piqued in her, so that she can find the book and take it to the Canterlot Museum for all to appreciate and learn from. When she finds it, it seems like an easy adventure, and one that shouldn't have necessitated such risks other explorers took.... at first. Because when she opens the tome and reads its pages, it will take her on an adventure she wasn't prepared for--an adventure where she must play her part in a story where the end has not yet been written.

My Little Freespace Saga
Crosses over: Freespace/MLP
Note: This one is divided into three parts, the first one being My Little Freespace: The Great War, the second one being My Little Freespace: Civil War, and the final one being My Little Freespace: New Horizon.
My Little Freespace: The Great War synopsis: In the year 2014, Ponies from around the world volunteered to be cryogenically frozen for three weeks in order to study cryongenesis on Equine anatomy and how it might be applied in space travel. Among those who volunteered were such familiar faces as Derpy Hooves, the Cutie Mark Crusaders, the Mane Cast and some of their families and friends, and, as a side study, other creatures such as Griffins, Changelings, Dragons, and so on. But as the ice-filled sleep began, something went wrong. The volunteers stayed in cryonic sleep longer than expected. Much longer. And when they woke up, the world had changed drastically. It is now the year 2403, and Equestria is a spacefaring empire under the banner of the Galactic Equestrian Alliance, informally referred to as the GEA. And currently, it is involved in a war against the alien Royal Canid Empire, a war that has been raging for the past 15 years. And so, the volunteers are reintroduced to a world they hardly understand, and some are sent off to become pilots in the Galactic Equestrian Space Force, including Twilight Sparkle and her friends, so that they can help fight the Canids and their forces. But what neither side realizes is that in the shadows of unexplored space, an ancient force is stirring, and preparing to begin, once again, its campaign of destruction to preserve life, aided by some... unexpected allies. In the end, both the Equestrians and the Canids must put aside their differences to fight not only the forces of evil... but also the forces of the Shivans.

My Little Freespace: Civil War synopsis: In the year 2335, Equestriankind discovered Subspace and expanded their horizons far beyond the small pocket of space their pre-FTL civilization had conquered. But this is not the era of the GEA, nor is it the era of peace that Twilight and her friends experienced before being frozen. This is the era of the Solar Empire, ruled by the ruthless tyrant Princess Celestia, where the times are like the United States' gilded age, where underneath the gold leaf was grime and dust, but much, much worse. Freedom is a joke. Liberty is reserved for the upper class. And justice is nonexistent. But beyond the Imperium's borders, where the Prison worlds exist, Celestia's estranged sister, Princess Luna, is planning a rebellion. Out in the unknown realms of space lies the territory held sovereign by the New Lunar Republic. Out there on the frontier life is rough, and the people even rougher. But there is freedom. There is liberty. There is justice. And there is hope. So the seeds of rebellion are sowed, and so events transpire that will lead up to, in 2349, the event referred to by many Ponies in the 25th Century as "our darkest days". An event known as the Equestrian Civil War.

My Little Freespace: New Horizon synopsis: The Shivan War has been raging for seven years now, and it seems that hope is diminishing in the newly-formed Galactic Equestrian-Canid Alliance, or GECA, as the Shivans move further and further into Equestrian and Canid space. The only hope left for the Alliance is an assault on Shivan space, as the frontier is now called, and doing it would require sending a fleet off to a suicide mission in a desperate gamble to stop the Shivan advance. But as things look more and more desperate, that suicide mission seems more and more plausible. And so a fleet is commissioned to take the fight to the Shivans, with Twilight Sparkle, her friends, and the other Cryosurvivors, as the former volunteers of the cryogenics experiment are now called, leading the assault. The fight will be brutal, the experience will be harrowing, and many will not survive. But those that do will discover something that will completely change their view of advanced life in the galaxy forever. Because, as the Equestrians learned when they found the Canids in 2385, they are not alone.

...And there you have it! Those are the MLP crossovers I've got planned.
Pilot Solaris
Pilot Solaris
Socialite pony
Socialite pony

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Tropers/PilotSolaris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down