Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Starbase Projects

3 posters

Go down

Starbase Projects Empty Starbase Projects

Post  Tenchi-sama Thu Jul 19, 2012 12:02 pm

As it stands, we have 3 daily projects, which means 520 fleet marks every day. And we now have building and upgrade projects as well, each requiring 900 fleet marks. (Not to mention people will be starting to slow down, as they grow tired of doing the same missions/instances.) That's a lot of marks to farm, without also having thousands used on Special Projects. Seriously, I checked the numbers and discovered that we have spent over ELEVEN THOUSAND marks on them so far.

The problem is, some seem to feel the need to grind and fill Special Projects, not realising that they don't actually affect Starbase progress. Whereas, if they'd just save their marks and wait until they saw one of the main starbase projects in need of them, those hard-earned marks would actually make a difference (and it means less work for those who are actually filling those projects).

I'm not saying stop altogether. There are probably a number of people who struggle to find a chance to contribute (and they will likely want their share of fleet marks), so it's okay to still occasionally add them. Just... maybe add a Fleet "Message of the Day" making it clear that Special Projects are just a source of fleet credits, and not for progression.

Actually one more thing. Perhaps make a point of staggering the major projects, making sure they start/finish at different times of the day, as people log on at different times of the day, and it means a wider range of people will be logging on when a project is still open and in need of marks.
Tenchi-sama
Tenchi-sama
Cutie Mark Crusader
Cutie Mark Crusader

Back to top Go down

Starbase Projects Empty Re: Starbase Projects

Post  Malkarris Thu Jul 19, 2012 1:13 pm

As an option, on the KDF fleet, I almost always see daily projects needing fleet marks. So if you still want to help a fleet progress but all the main projects are locked out at the fed base, roll a KDF alt (would only take half as long as another fed to level) and join the Nightguards.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Salen Thu Jul 19, 2012 2:47 pm

Yeah, those secondary missions are mostly there to allow folks to work on getting Fleet Credits even when the main important missions are currently being developed.

Oh, hi by the way. I'm Salen. I'm Li'samet@Salen on STO.

But yeah, I should save some of my fleet marks for main projects, but right now, they're usually full by the time I log on in the afternoon. Plus, I don't mind grinding out 200 or so Fleet Marks during the 2 hour Fleet events. Nukara is great for farming. Kill crystal bugs, clean up the ground, repeat till rich as heck.
Salen
Salen
Blank Flank
Blank Flank

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down