Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

BronyCon Documentary hits 200K+

3 posters

Go down

BronyCon Documentary hits 200K+ Empty BronyCon Documentary hits 200K+

Post  Katsuro_STO Tue Jun 05, 2012 5:25 am

As the topic title says; the documentary funding is currently at 213K and change. Well over the 60K they were originally asking for. I fully expect by the end of the fundraising it will be at/over 250K.

Yes; Bronies are just that awesome Very Happy

*EDITE* I see that they added a new 10K pledge tier; which gets you a dinner invite with Tara Strong, Lauren Faust, AND John deLancie. They already have 4 takers.

Haha, here is hoping I manage somehow to win the lotto in the next few days! bounce
Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

BronyCon Documentary hits 200K+ Empty Re: BronyCon Documentary hits 200K+

Post  Katsuro_STO Sun Jun 10, 2012 5:10 pm

Addendum:

Funding drive for the documentary has finished, and with a total of $348,164 raised by our fellow Bronies for the making of the documentary. $322,022 through Kickstarter; and an additional $26,142 by Paypal.

With the greatly expanded budget; the producers are now planning on visiting/fimling/interviewing at several other BronyCons (Galacon Convention in Stuttgart, Germany on August 11 & 12th and BUCK BronyUKCon in Manchester, England on August 18th and 19th).

Here's hoping they do an awesome job!

Now I need to wait until Sept for both MLP's new season AND to watch the Documentary! bounce
Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sun Jun 10, 2012 8:36 pm

This documentary is going to be awesome! Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:48 pm

This is probably one of the things I am most excited about this year; the whole year, not just so far.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsuro_STO Sat Jul 07, 2012 4:16 am

Good news/Bad news time: Bad new is that I recieved an e-mail today stating that the BronyCon Documentary release date has been pushed back to "early November" from their previous anticipated date of September. So we all have to be super-extra-patient for an extra month Sad

The good news part is the later release date is becasue of the much larger then expected funding allowing them to hire extra camera crews, do more interviews and visit additional MLP Cons; resulting in a much more awesome documentary as an end product.

the digital download they announced is going to be in HD MP4 format. And with selectable english subtitles (I am thinking this is going to be a must for most of us western ponies to be able to understand the GalaCon part of the documentary!).

For those who are intersted; the e-mail then went on to say that sometime in 2013; they plan on releasing the documentary at film festivals and publicly (They mentioned hoping to have it on Amazon, iTunes and Netflix) and also hopefully it will also be available for purchase in retail outlets (I am personally thinking more like specialty comic/anime ships; not say in Walmarts, but one never knows!).

Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:13 am

Regardless of the release date, this is still the highlight news event of the year for me. With the success of BronyCon and the followup stories that were both objective and positive from mainstream media outlets, I can see this as only continuing to build on that momentum. Given how much more notice the fandom has been getting, plus the little pony drops that are starting to pop up all over the place, I'd dare to say that we are nearing a sort of critical mass; a tipping point that could either push us over the edge or propel us to ever greater heights. Personally, I'm betting on the latter. Human potential is measured only by what we allow ourselves to believe is possible.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsuro_STO Sat Aug 18, 2012 3:49 pm

Just recieved another e-mail update today from the Documentary producers; with a link to a clip from BronyPalooza.

It is The Living Tombstone performing "Discord" live; with a special guest! (watch the clip!)

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/257527888/bronycon-the-documentary/posts/290740?ref=email&show_token=4966de344a4e3703&play=1#video

Enjoy!
Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsuro_STO Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:36 pm

New update again from the documentary crew:

A) They are still on schedule for their end of Nov (digital) and early Dec (Blue-ray) release dates.

B) They are hosting a special pre-release screening at the "Equestria LA" Con, on Nov 4th. Tara Strong, Lauren Faust and Michael Brockhoff (de Lancie can not attend the event unfortunately) will all be attending for a Q&A after the screening. It will cost 100$ to attend the screening, but as this gets you a sneak peek, Q&A access AND a blue-ray disc of the documentary when its released, It is quite reasonable I think, seeing that the blue-ray package was 75$ itself.

*EDITE* They have released new pricing packages: 50$ will get access to the screening, Q&A, and a digital copy (instead of blue-ray). Rush seating may be available for 20$ at the Con, for screening and Q&A access (no digital or blue-ray though).

6 more weeks for my copy :/ so long a wait. Haha, at least it will be well worth it!
Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Katsuro_STO Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:00 am

Apperently editing and scoring the documentary is taking them a bit longer thyen hoped/expected unfortunately. The new revised date is now sometime in mid January. *big sigh* So much for being able to watch it before Christmas; ah well, this is still going to be epic! The screening and pre-viewers all gave it very high ratings. They did promise everypony a sneek peak sometime later this week to keep us going.
Katsuro_STO
Katsuro_STO
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:55 am

Can't wait for the documentary, it sounds like it's going to be pretty awesome when it finally is finished Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down