Minecraft Ponies

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Re: Minecraft Ponies

Post  CyberFoxx on Thu Jul 12, 2012 1:33 am

Mine Little Pony with Tekkit!

1. Grab the non-Modloader version (AKA: The "Normal download" one) of Mine Little Pony v1.2.6
2. Make sure you got 7zip installed! (WinRAR works fine too)
3. Open both the Mine Little Pony archive, as well as Tekkit's modpack.jar (You can quickly find the modpack.jar on Windows by opening a run prompt (Win+R) and inputting "%appdata%\.techniclauncher\tekkit\bin" (without quotes)) in two different 7zip sessions.
4. Now, the Mine Little Pony archive has a "MineLittlePony1_2_6" sub-directory, enter that. Now, highlight all the files and the two directories from Mine Little Pony, and drag and drop them to the modpack.jar 7zip session. You have just installed Mine Little Pony for Tekkit!
6. Update! The config for the mod has moved! It's now in "%appdata*.techniclauncher\tekkit\mods\MineLittlePony\MineLittlePony.properties". It only gets created after the first run after you've installed the mod. So install the mod, connect to the server, then quit, and the file will be there. (I personally use change ponylevel to 1, so those that don't have a skin are still human.)

I hope I made this as clear as mud... I've never been good with instructions...

Last edited by CyberFoxx on Mon Aug 27, 2012 5:14 pm; edited 2 times in total
CyberFoxx
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas on Mon Jul 16, 2012 10:19 am

Quick question: is there any way to reset a player's current location back to the spawn point before logging back in? I got stuck inside a block and I can't get free of it.
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD on Mon Jul 16, 2012 3:29 pm

Using the /spawn command while in game should take you to spawn. Also you can use /sethome and /home to save a home that you can quickly TP back to when needed.

Edit- Had to double check that I set permissions for all these, but they should be working now for every one in the Members group.

Edit2- Also added the permissions to use the /back command on death to teleport back to your corpse and collect you items. It's a bit of a cheat, but no one says you have to use it. Razz
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas on Tue Jul 17, 2012 9:17 am

Tried the /spawn and /back. Didn't let me, but it was a moot point anyway. I managed to break the block I was stuck in, only to immediately lose it all. 3 hours of collecting, a full inventory of ores and gems and dungeon loot, and 16 naturally occuring diamonds. Gone. One slip into lava thanks to hidden skeleton arrow in the side. All gone. So much for moving on to building something grand. Back to the drawing board.
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD on Tue Jul 17, 2012 1:45 pm

That is realy odd that it did not work for you. I just tested it and it seems to work fine. I wonder if I need to restart the permissions plugin for the new permissions to work. Any way it seems to work now after the scheduled server restart. Try using /sethome and /home next time and see if it works. I've also set the /warp command. just use it to list warps, and then '/warp 'warpname" to go to the warp you want.

Edit- Ok... Now I can not use the commands, not sure what is up going to work on it and will update you when I have it fixed.

Edit2- Ok, well fixed my problem, I had a typo when I changed my permissions group so I was in the wrong group. But still not sure why you were not able to use the /spawn command as the permissions do appear to update dynamically with out any need for a plugin reload or server restart. Try it again and hopefully it works now.

Edit3- Updated the Tekkit server to 3.1.1, currently messing with updating a few config files that changed with the update. You will have to be sure to update your Client as well.
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:25 am

New question: what sort of limiting permissions are in place? Tried making an alchemy chest and I don't have enough permissions.
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:39 am

Stormy Seas wrote:New question: what sort of limiting permissions are in place? Tried making an alchemy chest and I don't have enough permissions.

I apparently can't talk without permissions, I tried to say hi to you
And ponymod needs updating =[

EDIT: Seems I cant do anything without permissions popping up

Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD on Sat Jul 21, 2012 11:58 am

You should be able to chat with out issue, It's part of the Default group.

I will go over the permissions again today. I've been meaning to clean them up any way, but I kind of set them more up for a Public server than a private whitelist server.

I'll look into the chest thing too. it's a bit of a pain to work with Tekkit items since I have to use the ID not the name. I might have just put in the wrong ID in the permissions by mistake, or forgot to remove it from the example I used to make the permissions in the first place. I will keep you updated.
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star on Sat Jul 21, 2012 1:16 pm

There was a tekkit update iirc, that might have borked something up

Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD on Sat Jul 21, 2012 2:08 pm

ok, I should have fixed both your problems. With the chest it was a case of me not removing it from the example config I used.

as for not being able to use chat, that was a mater of putting you in the Creative group and telling that group to inherit the permissions from the "Members" group. Thing is, there was no "Members" group, only a "Member" group. That's twice now I've made that typo, so I just changed the "Member" group into the "Members" group.

Only thing Special about the creative group atm is you can use the /gamemode command to get in and out of creative mode yourself. Can only use it on yourself though. Just in case you want to play survival a bit and an OP is not on.

Now a quick list of blocked item IDs/items and some reasons why some of them are blocked.
126:3 DM Furnace
126:4 RM Furnace -Both of these have Dupe Bugs, and they are somewhat overpowered and redundant anyway
126:10 Nova Catalyst
126:11 Nova Cataclysm -these are basicly nukes, and can make the server look rather ugly quickly
127 DM Pedestal - Can cause sever problems if there are alot of them or if some items are put into it
137:3 Project Table - Ignores permissions, letting you craft Items on this block list
150:1 Block Breaker - Can be used for Greifing Chests
169 Automatic Crafting Table - Same as Project table
237 Nuke - DO i need to explain this one? lol
239 Industrial TNT - same as the others
27527:?* Destruction Catalyst -- Most of the EE rings and Items cause world altering effects that can mess up your home amd the map in genneral. Like setting it on fire or making huge holes in the world.
27530:?* Evertide Amulet
27531:?* Volcanite Amulet
27532:?* Black Hole Band
27533:?* Ring of Ignition
27534:?* Archangel's Smite
27535:?* Hyperkinetic Lens
27536:?* Swiftwolf's Rending Gale
27538:?* Watch of flowing Time - Breaks Industrial Craft Machines.
27543:?* DM Pickaxe - DM and RM tools are on here for the same reason as the rings. You can make the swords though, it only messes up Mobs, not the world.
27544:?* DM Shovel
27545:?* DM Hoe
27547:?* DM Axe
27548:?* DM Shear - Clones sheep, to many sheep lag server, use a chainsaw instead...
27555:?* DM Hammer
27556:?* Catalytic Lens
27564:?* RM Pickaxe
27565:?* RM Shovel
27566:?* RM Hoe
27568:?* RM Axe
27569:?* RM Shears
27570:?* RM Hammer
27572:?* Red Katar -- all the troubles of the RM and DM tools in two easy to use tools... how about no thank you.
27573:?* Red Morning Star
27574:?* Zero Ring
27579:?* Infenal Armor - This armor set is half broken and the parts that do work will burn your house down or blow it up wish a puch of a button.
27580:?* Abyss Helmet
27581:?* Gravity Greaves
27582:?* Huricane Boots
27583:?* Mercurial Eye
27584:?* Ring of Arcana
27593:?* Void Ring
27594 Alchemical Tome - Lets you cheat and make blocked items
30208:?* Mining Laser - I blew a hole in my workshop on my test world server with this thing, lost about 5 hours of work worth of items and machines...

I've added some of these to a group for people who realy want some of them and I know will not mess up the server. A lot of the EE stuff is just to dangerous though, and i will not even use them myself.

I was looking into setting some up for use in the nether and end only, but most of the EE items have bonus effects that are activated with hot keys that ignore bukkit permissions.

I've also turned back on ComputerCraft and Wireless redstone, but have Disabled crafting of the items since to many of them around can cause a lot of server lag. There is the RedPower Computers still that you can craft still. I will give out a limited number of Computers to those who ask, but the Mining turtles are to much of a resource hog so I'd like to avoid them.

I have not blocked TNT or dynamite since they can be useful for mining. But please do not abuse this by setting off stacks at a time and bogging down the server or making a mess of the map. And try not to blow yourself up.

I hope this is readable. I've been up all night updating the server so I might come back and touch up this post a bit after I've gotten some sleep.
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas on Sat Jul 21, 2012 10:17 pm

Good info, thanks for this. And thanks for working so hard to get this running and putting up our complaints and such. I tossed a few bits in to help keep the server going. Once everything is just how it needs to be, here's to hoping for a bustling pony metropolis in the future.
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star on Sun Jul 22, 2012 9:15 pm

Aye, i'll throw some bits at you too, i get paid tomorrow i think Very Happy

Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas on Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:10 am

Would you mind whitelisting and granting permissions to Light Shine? He's using my secondary account, user name "joenavy", to try out Minecraft. If he likes it, we'll have another player for the server.
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine on Sun Aug 05, 2012 5:12 am

Alright, alright... I finally got my own account.

I'm Light_Shine. Can I get whitelisted into the server?

You know it.
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

http://ponysquare.com/Light_Shine/

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD on Tue Aug 07, 2012 2:11 pm

Sorry about the wait on this, been busy(on vacation with the kids) and for some reason the Forums stopped telling me about new posts to the thread.

I've also updated the Tekkit Server to 3.1.2 so be sure to update your client. They have fixed the multiworld bug in Industrial Craft 2 finally, so I plan on setting that up some time this week.

Also, I'm going to Make a new Topic just for the Tekkit server. One where I can just keep the main post updated with any new info.

Lastly I'm going to promote some people and set up some permissions so that they can add members when I'm off with the kids. For some reason CyberFoxx can never remember the whitelist and PermissionsEX commands... His brain is too full of linux commands or something. lol
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet on Mon Nov 26, 2012 11:52 am

[img][/img]

Hello i made the CMC Clubhouse on minecraft, it is for a contest on the ask the cutie mark crusaders Tumbler.
The rules where none ungettable blocks, no items that require a mod to play whit and it had to be built so the CMC could live in there (makes me think hes gona use it when he livestreams CMC minecraft adventures) but because of that i had to raise the roof a little and be a bit creative inside but it worked so heres the outside result.

also i made the skin after i was done, i tougth this was gona keep me busy until the submission day but no i made the house and skin on 6 hours, i started making the skin from Rainbow Dash skin and now its completly redone xD.

tell me if ya like it Very Happy

P.S the brick thing in the picture is there to mark the spawn area so i did not build on it.
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum