Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Diablo III

+3
Light Shine
Shooting Star
Stormy Seas
7 posters

Go down

Diablo III Empty Diablo III

Post  Stormy Seas Tue May 15, 2012 1:37 am

I wasn't going to do it; I told myself over and over and over that if Blizzard doesn't trust the consumer enough to let me play my games without a constant internet connection, then I wasn't going to buy their products. I loved SC1 and I've stayed away from SC2. Nope, definitely wasn't going to get Diablo 3. Neutral

Turns out I'm a sucker for peer pressure. Rolling Eyes

One trip to the Exchange with my CO this morning as soon as it opened, and I now open a copy. It comes with 3 Guest Passes that, from the text on the card, allow a guest to play the game up to a certain area with some disabled features. Once I activate the game tonight, any of y'all that want a pass to try it out just message me and I'll pass along the code. Also, expect an initial thoughts review sometime later.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

http://ponysquare.com/Stormy_Seas/

Back to top Go down

Diablo III Empty Re: Diablo III

Post  Shooting Star Tue May 15, 2012 7:01 am

I started playing it as soon as it went live, have a level 18 demon hunter so far

Its amazing. Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Tue May 15, 2012 9:32 pm

After spending a couple of hours going through the opening levels as a Demon Hunter and getting a feel for the new features such as destructable environments and skills that regenerate your ability fuel, I think I can realistically sum up my initial impression of Diablo 3 in one word: nostalgic. Perhaps it will change during the later stages and higher levels, but I feel like I'm playing a hi-res version of the original game. Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing; I played the hell (pun intended) out of both previous games. The first Diablo, especially, always gave me that little twinge in the back of the mind that makes you hesitate for a brief second before plunging around a darkened corner. The second game was far more action oriented and although I enjoyed the hack 'n slash and the story, it didn't have the same atmospheric feel.

Has it lived up to the hype? No, but I'll also add, not yet. I'm reserving final judgement till I play more. Am I glad that I gave in to the peer pressure and bought the game? Yes. I'm still not a fan of the required connection and the lack of trust in me as an honest, paying customer, but so far I've encountered no problems with the servers or any glaring errors.

Onward with the adventures of the Demon Hunter, Van Hoofsing!
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Tue May 15, 2012 10:56 pm

Stormy Seas wrote:After spending a couple of hours going through the opening levels as a Demon Hunter and getting a feel for the new features such as destructable environments and skills that regenerate your ability fuel, I think I can realistically sum up my initial impression of Diablo 3 in one word: nostalgic. Perhaps it will change during the later stages and higher levels, but I feel like I'm playing a hi-res version of the original game. Now, that's not necessarily a bad thing; I played the hell (pun intended) out of both previous games. The first Diablo, especially, always gave me that little twinge in the back of the mind that makes you hesitate for a brief second before plunging around a darkened corner. The second game was far more action oriented and although I enjoyed the hack 'n slash and the story, it didn't have the same atmospheric feel.

Has it lived up to the hype? No, but I'll also add, not yet. I'm reserving final judgement till I play more. Am I glad that I gave in to the peer pressure and bought the game? Yes. I'm still not a fan of the required connection and the lack of trust in me as an honest, paying customer, but so far I've encountered no problems with the servers or any glaring errors.

Onward with the adventures of the Demon Hunter, Van Hoofsing!

So far my Demon Hunter Lyra is level 27, and i agree with everything you said there Razz . Having played the other 2 this feels like an improved version of both, but with the same feeling to it if that makes any sense. Plus i'm quite into the story now so i can see me definitely finishing this run and maybe attempting a hardcore run at least once
Also, the multiplayer is awesome, so much more fun running around with buddies Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Wed May 16, 2012 1:04 am

Once I get a better feel for the mechanics and learn to control the character better, I'll take a diving leap into the MP component. Wouldn't want to drag down a group that's expecting me to perform at a certain level of competency before I'm at that level. Looking forward to some coop demon-slaying, perhaps this weekend.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Wed May 16, 2012 2:06 am

Stormy Seas wrote:Once I get a better feel for the mechanics and learn to control the character better, I'll take a diving leap into the MP component. Wouldn't want to drag down a group that's expecting me to perform at a certain level of competency before I'm at that level. Looking forward to some coop demon-slaying, perhaps this weekend.

Just bought myself a copy of Diablo 3. Perhaps we should work out a time to battle evil together...
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

http://ponysquare.com/Light_Shine/

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Wed May 16, 2012 2:19 am

Light Shine wrote:
Stormy Seas wrote:Once I get a better feel for the mechanics and learn to control the character better, I'll take a diving leap into the MP component. Wouldn't want to drag down a group that's expecting me to perform at a certain level of competency before I'm at that level. Looking forward to some coop demon-slaying, perhaps this weekend.

Just bought myself a copy of Diablo 3. Perhaps we should work out a time to battle evil together...

I see a land beseiged by evil, stained with the crimson blood of the guilty and innocent alike. A cold, dead star beats with the life of undeath at its core. I see terror, chaos, and destruction. I also see light; piercing and holy against the shadows of unrepentent darkness. There in the light stands a bastion of strength; a wall upon which the tides of evil will crash again and again, and upon which they will fall back in defeat. The wall is flesh and blood armed with magic and steel, might and purpose sharpened in battle and bound with ties no demon can fathom or sunder.

I see the dawn as it rises anew.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Wed May 16, 2012 9:44 am

Not sure if i can play with anyone not EU based, will have to investigate further and report my findings on the magic of multiplayer
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Thu May 17, 2012 9:31 pm

Kay, i have discovered that you can set your login region on the main menu, so EU and US ponies can play together

My battletag thing is Toki#1331

Add me and we can slay demons together and such Very Happy
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Thu May 17, 2012 10:25 pm

Cool. Mine's StormySeas#1496.
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Mon May 21, 2012 2:28 pm

LightShine#1860. Might be a touch behind you two... Okay, probably quite the distance behind you fellows, but I found the Demon Hunter and Wizard to be quite fun. It would be awesome if we could work a time to play together.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Stormy Seas Mon May 21, 2012 6:24 pm

There's Memorial Day weekend coming up and I should have Monday off with only an early morning tee time on Sunday and an all night promotion party to attend on Friday.

EDIT: Scratch that; engineering work to be done on Monday. We'll get out day off later in the week. Prpbably in the form of a 3 day weekend starting Friday. And I just finished Act 1 with my Demon Hunter, so if we need to, for level and server considerations, I wouldn't mind starting a new character if we can get a trio going.

Last edited by Stormy Seas on Mon May 21, 2012 8:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Stormy Seas
Stormy Seas
Royal Knight
Royal Knight

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Mon May 21, 2012 8:06 pm

Light Shine wrote:LightShine#1860. Might be a touch behind you two... Okay, probably quite the distance behind you fellows, but I found the Demon Hunter and Wizard to be quite fun. It would be awesome if we could work a time to play together.

I assume you play US, so i'd have to make a new guy to play with you anyway Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:33 pm

Just grabbed the game the other day, and glad I did. Playing a Witch Doctor, and almost like playing my Necro back in Diablo II.

I also have some guest passes, so if any one wants one just give me a PM.

Also what level is every one at now? just hit level 10 so I'm assuming I'm way behind every one else who grabbed the game release day.
ChibiCD
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Sat Jun 02, 2012 2:40 pm

Stormy Seas and I are at lvl 32, both Demon Hunters. Love to have ya along with us any time! Just need to know your gamer tag...

..oh, and we beat the game. Don't mind running through it again though.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:34 pm

Indeed, running through Diablo again is kinda the point of Diablo Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:36 pm

You beat the game at that low a level? Guess you need to try the other difficulties.

Oh, and ChibiCD#1689 is my BattleTag.
ChibiCD
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Sat Jun 02, 2012 3:57 pm

ChibiCD wrote:You beat the game at that low a level? Guess you need to try the other difficulties.

Oh, and ChibiCD#1689 is my BattleTag.

I'll add ya.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  CyberFoxx Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:21 pm

Well, I only got the demo- Er, "Starter Edition" for now. CyberFoxx#1653 is me. Got a Demon Hunter named Rarity going.
CyberFoxx
CyberFoxx
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  CaptainKBX Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:56 am

Starter edition? How'd you get that?
CaptainKBX
CaptainKBX
Known Pony
Known Pony

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:01 am

CyberFoxx wrote:Well, I only got the demo- Er, "Starter Edition" for now. CyberFoxx#1653 is me. Got a Demon Hunter named Rarity going.

Everypony seems to play Demon Hunter Razz
Sadly i can't use mine on US servers so i made a wizard!
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  ChibiCD Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:27 pm

My Hardcore Demon Hunter was not Hardcore enough... Pore Gilda only made it to level 7 before some rare Imps played ping pong with her corpse.
ChibiCD
ChibiCD
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Mon Jun 04, 2012 12:37 am

ChibiCD wrote:My Hardcore Demon Hunter was not Hardcore enough... Pore Gilda only made it to level 7 before some rare Imps played ping pong with her corpse.

Think I'll steer clear of Hardcore for now. I seem to die too often as it is in Normal. Kinda a glass cannon as a Demon Hunter. Well, mine is anyhow.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Vinyl Scratch Mon Jun 04, 2012 3:17 pm

Well I got my hands on a copy somehow, ya'll can add me at VinylScratch#1539.
Vinyl Scratch
Vinyl Scratch
Resident of Ponyville
Resident of Ponyville

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum