Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Go down

Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Niarro on Fri May 11, 2012 12:55 am

These are two games I've been playing. I've been part of the team liquid brony community for a wee bit, and these are two they've been playing very regularly. Also upcoming for them, Diablo 3.

But, uh... yeah! XD

Niarro
Dignitary of Manehatten
Dignitary of Manehatten

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Luna on Fri May 11, 2012 2:09 am

I have SC2 but not DotA. I don't intend to get Diablo 3 due to what Blizzard did with SC2's story.
avatar
Luna
Known Pony
Known Pony

Posts : 66
Join date : 2012-03-17

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Shooting Star on Fri May 11, 2012 8:54 am

I have an annual pass to WoW despite not really playing it all that much so i get Diablo 3 for "free". I also played the Beta and it is damn good, if you liked the other Diablo's then you'll like this one

DoTA2 i am not that interested in but will probably get, since i think Blizzard DoTA will be more amusing and i have invested far too much money in League of Legends to abandon it now. In fact my LoL team is in the online qualifiers for this years Dreamhack Very Happy We probably won't get anywhere near the live event but still, fun times XD

_________________
@stikk91 Skype: Lyrá
avatar
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Posts : 376
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 27
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Dusk Wisp on Sat May 12, 2012 4:57 am

I don't have Starcraft 2 nor do I plan on even playing it anytime soon. The first one annoyed me when I tried it at a friend's house.
I do have DOTA 2 but I had such a terrible first time experience that I refuse to play it. Why such a terrible first time? One of the players wanted me kicked and reported for being NEW. That's right. because I was NEW to the game, this one person wanted me reported. Not only that, they took the time, a few days later, to find my steam profile and leave a hateful comment on my wall. I go to explain that was new like me, my friend, and a couple of others were trying to say but guess what..profile set to private. F**king coward. So I deleted the comment and blocked that person. With that, I wash my hands of this and pass down that I WILL NEVER play DOTA 2 ever again..
avatar
Dusk Wisp
Known Pony
Known Pony

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 27
Location : wouldn't you like to know..

http://ponysquare.com/ari/

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Shooting Star on Sat May 12, 2012 10:17 am

Dusk Whisp wrote:I don't have Starcraft 2 nor do I plan on even playing it anytime soon. The first one annoyed me when I tried it at a friend's house.
I do have DOTA 2 but I had such a terrible first time experience that I refuse to play it. Why such a terrible first time? One of the players wanted me kicked and reported for being NEW. That's right. because I was NEW to the game, this one person wanted me reported. Not only that, they took the time, a few days later, to find my steam profile and leave a hateful comment on my wall. I go to explain that was new like me, my friend, and a couple of others were trying to say but guess what..profile set to private. F**king coward. So I deleted the comment and blocked that person. With that, I wash my hands of this and pass down that I WILL NEVER play DOTA 2 ever again..

LoL HoN and DoTA, in fact MOBA games in general have the worst community of any game, simply because people hate having to rely on others who dont know what they're doing, hence the new comments. However that seems a little extreme even for some of the idiots i've met in my travels of the internet Razz

_________________
@stikk91 Skype: Lyrá
avatar
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Posts : 376
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 27
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Dusk Wisp on Sat May 12, 2012 7:46 pm

Shooting Star wrote:
Dusk Whisp wrote:I don't have Starcraft 2 nor do I plan on even playing it anytime soon. The first one annoyed me when I tried it at a friend's house.
I do have DOTA 2 but I had such a terrible first time experience that I refuse to play it. Why such a terrible first time? One of the players wanted me kicked and reported for being NEW. That's right. because I was NEW to the game, this one person wanted me reported. Not only that, they took the time, a few days later, to find my steam profile and leave a hateful comment on my wall. I go to explain that was new like me, my friend, and a couple of others were trying to say but guess what..profile set to private. F**king coward. So I deleted the comment and blocked that person. With that, I wash my hands of this and pass down that I WILL NEVER play DOTA 2 ever again..

LoL HoN and DoTA, in fact MOBA games in general have the worst community of any game, simply because people hate having to rely on others who dont know what they're doing, hence the new comments. However that seems a little extreme even for some of the idiots i've met in my travels of the internet Razz

I agree that it was bad but every game has these people. What these bastards needs to do is stop playing and calm the f**k down. They should be helping new players not make them feel like sh*t..
avatar
Dusk Wisp
Known Pony
Known Pony

Posts : 69
Join date : 2012-03-23
Age : 27
Location : wouldn't you like to know..

http://ponysquare.com/ari/

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Niarro on Mon May 14, 2012 8:57 am

Dusk: Yeesh. That is definitely the most extreme reaction I've seen of another player's reaction to someone new. MOBAs are generally very competitive, and yeah. People love hating on newbs in that game, which is pretty terrible. Sorry to hear you had such a negative experience.

On the flip side, playing with friends (even getting in on an in-house game. Where everyone knows everyone else) can be absolutely amazing. As good as your experience was bad, easily (or at least, it can be to me!). There ARE bot games available, if ever you'd like to try it out again with me in a less competitive environment XD

Luna: Cool! Care to play sometime, SC2? Or, if I get a key, dota2? XD

Shooting Star: Same. If I get a key before it's free for all, I could toss you one if you're interested.

Niarro
Dignitary of Manehatten
Dignitary of Manehatten

Posts : 108
Join date : 2012-04-03

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  CaptainKBX on Tue May 22, 2012 11:47 pm

Hey I have SC2 and I;d love to play with anypony on here sometime. My Name is Captainkbx as always
avatar
CaptainKBX
Known Pony
Known Pony

Posts : 63
Join date : 2012-05-20
Age : 26
Location : Florida, USA

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Shooting Star on Wed May 23, 2012 12:35 am

My Battle.net tag thingy is Toki#1331 if anyone wants me on SC2 Very Happy

_________________
@stikk91 Skype: Lyrá
avatar
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Posts : 376
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 27
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Radsjet on Fri Feb 22, 2013 5:00 am

Think this might fit here, I have a friend that gave me 19 Dota 2 copies and after giving one to everyone on my friend list on steam i still got about 13 left, if you want one just post a message here and i will give one to you for free Very Happy
avatar
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Posts : 231
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 22
Location : The Shadow Realm

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Malkarris on Wed Feb 27, 2013 7:57 pm

Never played dota, but interested from what I see, so if you still have any left, I'll take one if that's okay. Let me know if you need any information.

Yeah, half my decision is because there is a hero named Luna in game.


Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Radsjet on Thu Feb 28, 2013 11:08 am

hehe well all i need to send one, is your steam's name so i can add you to my friend list and i got about 14 copy's or something left
avatar
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Posts : 231
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 22
Location : The Shadow Realm

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Shooting Star on Thu Feb 28, 2013 12:17 pm

Malkarris wrote: because there is a hero named Luna in game.


I play her all the time, shes awesome Razz

_________________
@stikk91 Skype: Lyrá
avatar
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Posts : 376
Join date : 2012-03-19
Age : 27
Location : UK

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Malkarris on Fri Mar 01, 2013 10:30 pm

Radsjet wrote:hehe well all i need to send one, is your steam's name so i can add you to my friend list and i got about 14 copy's or something left

It should be Malk, at least that's the profile name.

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Radsjet on Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:18 am

Theres more than one Malk, it seems it would be easyer if you sendt me a friend invite, my names Radsjet on steam, shouldent be any else whit that name, but if it is i have a Dragon as a picture. (and if it is another one i will go into shock, Yup until now 10 years of gaming and it has never been already used on any game i register on)
avatar
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Posts : 231
Join date : 2012-03-22
Age : 22
Location : The Shadow Realm

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Malkarris on Fri Mar 08, 2013 9:58 am

Yeah, you were the only one, invite sent.

Looks at other Malk's. Wow and here I thought is was somewhat unique...

Malkarris
Dignitary of Ponyville
Dignitary of Ponyville

Posts : 85
Join date : 2012-05-25

Back to top Go down

Re: Starcraft 2 / Dota 2

Post  Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum