Guardians of Equestria
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

His Majesty's Naval Force

4 posters

Go down

His Majesty's Naval Force Empty His Majesty's Naval Force

Post  Light Shine Tue May 08, 2012 10:09 pm

Fillies and gentlecolts! Gather 'round, for a wondrous spectacle has arrived in Equestria! From far across the seas, the Grand Fleet of His Majesty's Naval Force has come to pay our humble nation a visit! They are a splendid sight to see, but mind you are on your best behavior!

As requested by the Grand Admiral of the Grand Fleet, I shall introduce each ship as they sail in!

The RNS Devastation, BB-1! The vessel that started it all!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6610

The RNS Sovereign, CA-1! Flagship of the Grand Fleet, ship sports an unusual design to provide maximum firepower in all directions!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6611

The USS Manetheran, BB-2! A guest designer for the Grand Fleet built this small vessel with the idea of great power in a small size!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6612

The RNS Avenger, CA-2! Despite her rather weak armament for her large size, she can out run any vessel, making her perfect for anti-pirate duty!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6613

The RNS Raider, CA-3! A small vessel aimed at river harbor patrol, often accompanying the Avenger on anti-pirate duty!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6614

RNS Catastrophe, CA-4! Designed for solo operations, this petite cruiser's turrets are uniquely place in echelon, allowing for maximum firepower fore, aft, and broadside, using limited armament!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6616

Behold the spectacle of the Grand Fleet!
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6618
His Majesty's Naval Force Img_6618

What's this? I've been informed that two more vessels are on their way! Apparently they were delayed, but are steaming at full speed! But, ladies and gentle colts, can you identify which ships these vessel are patterned after? Your clue for now is that all are based on real vessels that were in service in the United States Navy between the years 1895 and 1914... now... happy hunting!
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

http://ponysquare.com/Light_Shine/

Back to top Go down

His Majesty's Naval Force Empty Re: His Majesty's Naval Force

Post  Radsjet Wed May 09, 2012 12:22 pm

did not find much on my serch for the ships
only got 1. maby HMS Devastation first ship to abond sails and get a steam engine Razz

and heres somthing intresting i found apprently this ship got lose in a earth quake and drifted around in the open sea
a proper ghost ship Razz
His Majesty's Naval Force Medium10
Radsjet
Radsjet
Very Important Pony (VIP)

Back to top Go down

Post  Scootaloo Wed May 09, 2012 3:33 pm

I think those were just the names Light Shine gave to his models. Which look awesome, btw. He was telling me last night one of the ships was modeled after the USS Maine.
Scootaloo
Scootaloo
Royal Guard
Royal Guard

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Wed May 09, 2012 3:39 pm

Scootaloo wrote:I think those were just the names Light Shine gave to his models. Which look awesome, btw. He was telling me last night one of the ships was modeled after the USS Maine.

yes but he said the boat to begin it all and the HMS Devastation is the first to go steam engine meaning first ship to start going whit none sails begining the engins at the sea
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Wed May 09, 2012 4:54 pm

Shadow wrote:
Scootaloo wrote:I think those were just the names Light Shine gave to his models. Which look awesome, btw. He was telling me last night one of the ships was modeled after the USS Maine.

yes but he said the boat to begin it all and the HMS Devastation is the first to go steam engine meaning first ship to start going whit none sails begining the engins at the sea
I guess I need to clear up some stuff. The wood models are based off of real American warships. The names that are attached to the pics are names I gave the wood models, within the grand scheme of the ficticious "Grand Fleet." So... As an example, since Scoots pointed it out, the RNS Catastrophe is based off of the real American cruiser, USS Maine.

With that clarification, can anypony identify the class/ship each wood model is based off of?
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Thu May 10, 2012 8:54 am

Light Shine wrote:
Shadow wrote:

I guess I need to clear up some stuff. The wood models are based off of real American warships. The names that are attached to the pics are names I gave the wood models, within the grand scheme of the ficticious "Grand Fleet." So... As an example, since Scoots pointed it out, the RNS Catastrophe is based off of the real American cruiser, USS Maine.

With that clarification, can anypony identify the class/ship each wood model is based off of?

i know that their name is not the same and you gave them random names but the info on the ship was the ship that started it all and the ship i talked about was the start of steam enigne ships and i do not know what the diffrent contrys have so i took HMS as american i see now its USS but i took the info on the ships as hints and sinse i dont know what the diffrent contry has of RNS HMS and USS i did not know if it was rigth contry in fact when i saw it was a ship that was rely named devestation that aslo matched the info of your ship i got kind of confused as it looked way to easy Razz its not that i tought the names was the same but that the info kind of matched.

you: the ship that started it all. Info on the site: first ship start whit steam engine or if you would the ship that started a row of ships whit engine power Razz

hope i have writen this as good explained as i can XD
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Thu May 10, 2012 10:05 am

you: the ship that started it all. Info on the site: first ship start whit steam engine or if you would the ship that started a row of ships whit engine power Razz

hope i have writen this as good explained as i can XD

By "ship that started it all," I meant that that wood model was the first ship I made. It's the first wood model that started my wood ship collection. So... Sorry again for that confusion.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Shooting Star Thu May 10, 2012 10:07 am

Shadow wrote:
i dont know what the diffrent contry has of RNS HMS and USS

I know HMS is His/Her Majesty's Ship, which is UK ships
RNS i have no idea, although i think Mr Light Shine may have invented it
I only knew HMS because i'm from the UK Razz
Shooting Star
Shooting Star
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Light Shine Thu May 10, 2012 12:05 pm

Shooting Star wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Right you are! "RNS" stands for Royal Naval Ship. A close knock to the British Royal Navy. I intended on creating copies of the HMS Dreadnaught, HMS Royal Oak, and HMS Royal Soveriegn. I was also looking at making models for the SMS Emden, SMS Scharnhorst, and SMS Furst Bismarck. The WW2 carrier USS Enterprise was also on my list...

...but now I'm rambling. In the end, the names and "history" of each ship I posted are entirely ficticious. Each model is based off of a real US ship, though.
Light Shine
Light Shine
Dignitary of Canterlot
Dignitary of Canterlot

Back to top Go down

Post  Radsjet Thu May 10, 2012 1:32 pm

Light Shine wrote:
Shooting Star wrote:
Shadow wrote:

Right you are! "RNS" stands for Royal Naval Ship. A close knock to the British Royal Navy. I intended on creating copies of the HMS Dreadnaught, HMS Royal Oak, and HMS Royal Soveriegn. I was also looking at making models for the SMS Emden, SMS Scharnhorst, and SMS Furst Bismarck. The WW2 carrier USS Enterprise was also on my list...

...but now I'm rambling. In the end, the names and "history" of each ship I posted are entirely ficticious. Each model is based off of a real US ship, though.

wait???? what???? but when i tryed RNS ships in google i get pictures of alot of ships even tryed RNS devestation but what i got then was a sinking Titanic Razz
Radsjet
Radsjet

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down